Changing gears on my FRC build

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
Well some of you may remember my last post, which described my plans for my frc during this deployment to afshitistan. Plans have changed, not for the better, just changed. I was originally going to do a 3.3l whipple and a 427. Since the deal fell through on the supercharger I have decided to go a differant route, and I will be going with a vortech t trim supercharger, and shortly after I get back a forged 402.

I decided to do more of an overall build rather than just performance, I will be doing a color change, interior, wheels, coilovers, cage...etc.

ENGINE:
vortech t trim kit from a and a supercharging, EG whiplash cam, American Racing headers 1 7/8in primary with 3 in off road x pipe, keeping my ported ls6 heads, ls6 intake and a stock bottom end. Not too long after I get back, I will be building a forged 402 motor for it.

Drivetrain:
Hardened output shafts, 3.42 gears, dte diff brace, solid torque tube couplers, keeping my spec 3+ clutch for now.

Interior:
Corbeau a4 seats, insulation, lightweight carpet, avic 3 double din head unit, center console, arm rest, shifter/e brake boots, and headliner all custom wrapped to match. 6 point cage with removable side bars, converting lower door 1/2 to mod red interior.

Exterior:
Electron blue respray, undecided wheels.

Suspension:
Pfadt coilovers, and c6z brakes.

I cannot think of anything else right now, and I am not sure on the wheels yet, I am thinking either ccw sp 505a's, stock c6z, or c5z powercoated black

thanks for the read... feel free to leave suggestions, comments. I will be having pics taken as the progress ensues. :beer::rockon::burnout:Will be somewhere right around 600 rwhp and 3000 pounds, should be fun.

Last edited:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
No offense but only 600rwhp out of a 402? Theres people doing that on built 346's. Crank that boost up to about 15 pounds and have some fun with it.

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
thats before the 402.... on the stock shortblock, that would be terribly low for a 402. With the 402 I will be looking for somewhere in the 800's pump gas

rev440

young punk
Established Member
thats before the 402.... on the stock shortblock, that would be terribly low for a 402. With the 402 I will be looking for somewhere in the 800's pump gas

That things gonna be a monster. Why not go with a turbo instead? You could build one nasty 402 with a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread