changing rotors

smilinjack

Established Member
Anybody out there got any helpful tips or tricks to help with this change? Also replacing pads. SSBC brand. Will I need to bleed the brake lines? Thanks and Happy New Year to All!:beer:

smilinjack

Established Member
Celebrating by putting on new brakes!! anybody know how to remove the wheel hub grease seal? Am I supposed to replace it when I change rotors?? Oh yeah, Happy New Year to all us Lightning Kin Folk ! :thumbsup:

timmymac

Established Member
when you are pulling the front rotors off, you can use the nut on the end of the spindle to pull the inner seal off; If you don't plan on replacing them, you should check them out real good and definitely re-grease them; i would do the fronts first, then get in and pump the brakes, then do the backs

the fronts obviously will take more time, but the whole thing is really pretty simple; make sure you have a good hammer too... sometimes the ebrake can stick to the rear rotors a bit and need some help coming off

smilinjack

Established Member
Thanks TMac. appreciate the advise. Still not sure what to look for on the bearings?? Not gonna worry tho, She's only got 20k on her. Garage Queen dontcha know!!

timmymac

Established Member
you will know if they are bad; when u take them off, if all of the bearings are still inside, and it looks okay, i would just re-grease it and re-install

just installed my rotor pros last week, so it's all pretty fresh in my memory

if you need anything, shoot me a PM

Users who are viewing this thread