Changing setup??

blownfox

Established Member
I'm thinking about changing my setup back to NA. I have a 347 (low comp 9 to 1) with a summit trick flow kit but with a custom cam. Trying to figure out what heads and intake to use??? My goal is 375 to 400 rwhp.

Thanks

Gojira

Established Member
What's the cc's of the heads you have now? Head gasket thickness? Piston to valve clearance? And what are the cam specs you're running now?

The easiest and cheapest thing to do us shave the heads you got in order to raise the compression. And port them
If they are not already. No matter what heads you get your going to have to run a smaller chamber to get your compression up so you might as well just shave the ones you got.

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
The pistions have the valve reliefs for TFS heads and can handle a lift up to 650. They are 61 cc and the head gaskets are fel pro 9333. The specs on the cam are 212 224 568 565 .

Last edited:

Gojira

Established Member
Ok good you ave plenty of piston to valve. You don't need to buy a new set if heads or an intake. Shave those heads enough to get your compression up to 10.8:1. Ask your engine builder what size combustion chamber you will need for that. Probably about 55cc. So then have em shaved to get the chambers that size. While there off port them if their not already. Put your intake too. You cam is fine and if you want it to idle the same keep that one. But if you wanted to you could change it and put something with a little more duration in there. Something with duration in the low 230's will give it a nice little chop and make more power than what u have now.

Run 1 3/4 long tubes and a 3" x-pipe to 3" exhaust.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread