Changing tranny fluid-royal purple

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
I have some questions on which royal purple to use. I currently have redline D4 in the '98 Cobra (Tremec) and stock fluid in the '01 Cobra. I was wanting to change to royal purple, but I am not sure if I should use the "Max ATF" or the "Synchromax".

I have already done the search thing and it is still unclear, which to use. I called Royal Purple and they said to use the "Synchromax". In an earlier thread, someone stated that the technical support at Royal Purple had stated to use "Max ATF" if your tranny called for Mercon or Mercon V, which is what our trannys call for, as per SVT owner's guide supplement.

Still confused, which royal purple are you using? Oh, and what are everyone's recommendations on the '03 tranny?

Posted on sn95, new edge and terminator forums.

Thanks
Dennis

STEEDA SNAKES

Established Member
Thanks FKing1.

The redline has been ok in the '98, but starting to get a little grind during high rpm shifts to 2nd. Doing a fluid change and planning on going with RP this time. Mainly due to availability in my area. The redline was put in while in Austin. I will more than likely use RP in the '01 as well.

Did you consider any other fluids for your '04, before deciding on the GM stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread