Changing tunes.....

IGO 202

Established Member
Couldn't find what I was needing to know by searching.

I've got an upcoming dyno session and was wanting to try all three maps and was wondering if by downloading them back to back to back was worth it?

I didn't know if I'd get an accurate performance with the car not having time to relearn the new maps or if it's even necessary.

Do these cars need time to relearn of will they do it immediately?

Thanks,
Dan

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
are the tunes by the same tuner? If so you can just switch maps

if from a diff tuner, return to stock, then load new tune and perform idle learn

DIB5.0

Established Member
I did this on my '11. Just returned the car back to stock between each tune upload. You will most likely not find much of a difference as my tunes were with in a hp or two.

IGO 202

Established Member
All three are from Bama, should not be a hybrid problem.

I was just wondering if the car needs time or be driven for a period of time for it to re-learn or will it perform at 100% immediately.

Dan

stang8psi

Established Member
never had any issues going from tune to tune while just loading them.. the ecu is being reflashed each time a new tune is loaded.. there is virtually no way a previous tune is still in the ecu when a new one is flashed, otherwise the new tune wouldn't load. or when going from stock to tune or tune to stock why no "hybrid overlapping tune"? Makes no sense, I am sure sct software developers are not going to design a tuning software to where tunes are not being changed and parts of previous tunes were being left in the ecu. I would think sct would be out of business if this was the case.

Last edited:

IGO 202

Established Member
Maybe I just don't explain things well..........

I know about when to go back to the stock tune, etc. I was just needing to know if the car will perform at 100% right after downloading a tune or does it take a while for the car to re-learn the new tune.

If I go to the dyno and make a pull with tune #1 and immediately replace tune #1 with tune #2 (same tuner) will the car make full power or does it take a while of driving, going thru the gears, starting/stopping, etc. for the car to make full power.

Thanks for all the other info folks,
Dan

stang8psi

Established Member
It will be fine.. that's what tuners do when doing dyno tuning.. they tune make changes re write a new tune and load tune and do another pull, and change and load tune and so on and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread