• 900 Rwhp

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • 1000 Rwhp

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
How many of you would be interested in purchasing one in the next 2-3 months? I recently spoke with an old friend of mine who does welding in his spare time but is amazing at it. And he is currently in the process of opening a shop with a dyno and wanted to see if there was a market for turbo Lightnings. I told him that there was, and many people are interested in it. So if I could get 10-15 people to say they would be interested in building a comparable priced turbo kit with Turbonetics turbos and Spearco Intercoolers and accessories.

Also, would you want a complete kit including chip, injectors, fuel rails w/fuel regulator, etc.. etc.. or just the essentials? Or both?

Please post below and list as to what power level you would like to be at? And I will see what I can come up with.

Thanks,

Doug Mills
Aka. Smokeshow

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
If I had the money I would go turbo. A complete kit would be great that way you get rid of all of the guessing. But you also would have an expinsive kit so, I would make it so you could buy everything or build it piece by piece.

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Im going all the way on my truck and would like at least 1000 RWHP. a guesstemate on price would be nice, I honestly have no idea what a kit would cost. Then again, then I would have to pay for full race ported Ford GT Supercar 32v heads to go with it.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
I would have to disagree on that one. Because I know of a HD truck that had ported heads and made 800 rwhp on a T 76. So factor in 20's and added driveshaft length, might be 850 rwhp on a L. So 150 more rwhp isn't to far out of the picture.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Theres no such thing as a cheap turbo kit right now.....your looking at @7500 and up for everything....you could round some corners and not get the good stuff everywhere and put out a cheaper kit

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
I am going to try to get it around $5000. But ultimately I can not make the pricing....

CHICOSVT

Established Member
lightninmike said:
i want a tt kit for us 2v guys

+1 I agree, that would be one badass kit. As for me I am lookin for a 10 sec. daily driver so wether its 700hp or 800hp I really dont care! Its just got to be of good quality that way u get the best driveability and durability.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
CHICOSVT said:
lightninmike said:
i want a tt kit for us 2v guys

+1 I agree, that would be one badass kit. As for me I am lookin for a 10 sec. daily driver so wether its 700hp or 800hp I really dont care! Its just got to be of good quality that way u get the best driveability and durability.

You definitely dont need a tt kit for a 10 second truck. You can get there with a 76, and Im sure it wouldnt even take that much if you had the boost turned up enough. Im going to try to stay out of this "cheap turbo kit" conversation for the sake of conflicting interests. But remember, turbos arent cheap, people's time isnt cheap, and the blocked off blower/stock intake looks (IMO) BAD If you want in at the beginning of technology you are going to pay a little extra

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
I understand that for sure... been there done that several times... and I appreciate your being a gentlemen and not causing conflicts on this topic. I may not be able to get the cheapest kit out on the market. But I am going to try to achieve that goal. I want to sell a kit that you can bolt on and not have to mortage you home to do so.

But probably going to use a T 66 or 76 in the kits.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
what about the intake.... i'm sure others wouldn't mind some sort of sheetmetal intake.....

CHICOSVT

Established Member
mhays26 said:
CHICOSVT said:
You definitely dont need a tt kit for a 10 second truck. You can get there with a 76, and Im sure it wouldnt even take that much if you had the boost turned up enough. Im going to try to stay out of this "cheap turbo kit" conversation for the sake of conflicting interests. But remember, turbos arent cheap, people's time isnt cheap, and the blocked off blower/stock intake looks (IMO) BAD If you want in at the beginning of technology you are going to pay a little extra

I agree with u on both issues. I know for a fact its not goin to be CHEAP( already talked to a couple of shops around my area that have done some t76's) but when iam ready for it i will have both the time and money. Also i know that u can reach the 10 sec mark easily on a single turbo setup; i said TT because its my personal preference.

Ohh by the way hows ur truck coming along?

Last edited:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
CHICOSVT said:
mhays26 said:
I agree with u on both issues. I know for a fact its not goin to be CHEAP( already talked to a couple of shops around my area that have done some t76's) but when iam ready for it i will have both the time and money. Also i know that u can reach the 10 sec mark easily on a single turbo setup; i said TT because its my personal preference.

Ohh by the way hows ur truck coming along?

if you have the money and the time do a TT. Smaller turbos, less spool time, more streetable, ALOT of fun.
My truck hasnt progressed from the pics I posted earlier http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224368 they are still waiting on header flanges to build the header from, because that is the easiest way to build it and not have to recut, measure, weld several times. We are hoping to actually GET started with the header sometime this week, and he said he hopes for 3 weeks once he gets all the parts in.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
oh i never said a TT was gona be cheap, i was just putting in my opinion
and i want it over single because of the cool factor
and yeah an eaton case hollowed out just looks like shit (no offence to Sal at PSP) but Shocks truck just came out so good with that Sullivan intake

CHICOSVT

Established Member
mhays26 said:
CHICOSVT said:
if you have the money and the time do a TT. Smaller turbos, less spool time, more streetable, ALOT of fun.
My truck hasnt progressed from the pics I posted earlier http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224368 they are still waiting on header flanges to build the header from, because that is the easiest way to build it and not have to recut, measure, weld several times. We are hoping to actually GET started with the header sometime this week, and he said he hopes for 3 weeks once he gets all the parts in.

Well i hope they get everything soon. I could imagine how anxious u r to finally see the finish product (i know i would).

Keep us posted man cause it will be real interesting to see the progress.

Later.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Im for a streetable setup with little lag. Be nice to have a kit for us built people that already have everything to support the power and just need the turbo components

Users who are viewing this thread