Cheaper rims for Rio Red

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I'm having a more difficult time than I anticipated picking rims for Rio Red. I've been through more pic threads than I can count. Seems to me (maybe because I'll be spending the money) that this color is hard to pick out a rim for.

Besides going back & forth on 17" vs 18" (tire/rim price, rotating mass, looks, etc), I debated keeping the R58s for the street and getting Enkei RPF1s for the track, but then looking at the condition of my R's (lug nut holes are scratched up, etc) I think I want those to become my track wheels.

Obviously I'd like to go True Forged/CCWs, etc but I just can't justify it so now I'm looking at the typical 03 Cobra, Saleen, 10th Anv, FR500 options.

Does anyone know about the knockoff/replica brands like:
ASA AR1
or
XXR 521s

I'm not even sure what the proper offset/BS/brake clearance should be for our cars. Would an 18x8.5 (+25mm/5.73BS) & 18x10 (+25/6.48) look okay?

I need to find something soon - my local tire guy loves me since I'm in there constantly changing between track tires and street rubber on one set of rims.

Ford1288

Established Member
Can't go wrong with silver or black with Rio Red. What do you think of the SVE Drift wheels that are new on the market? Something different other don't have.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
As much as I like the Saleens, I've had 5-spoke rims on the car for at least 10yrs now.

I think I like the Drift wheels based off the one pic on the LMR site.

I still keep going back to the 521s as they have a little bit of dish to them (which usually I don't care for). I think I need to call them to see if they will fit...maybe they can drill them for only the 5x4.5 bolt pattern instead of both.

Would the specs in my original post work without rubbing or using spacers?
-- 18x8.5 (+25mm/5.73BS) & 18x10 (+25/6.48)

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I'm having a more difficult time than I anticipated picking rims for Rio Red. I've been through more pic threads than I can count. Seems to me (maybe because I'll be spending the money) that this color is hard to pick out a rim for.

Besides going back & forth on 17" vs 18" (tire/rim price, rotating mass, looks, etc), I debated keeping the R58s for the street and getting Enkei RPF1s for the track, but then looking at the condition of my R's (lug nut holes are scratched up, etc) I think I want those to become my track wheels.

Obviously I'd like to go True Forged/CCWs, etc but I just can't justify it so now I'm looking at the typical 03 Cobra, Saleen, 10th Anv, FR500 options.

Does anyone know about the knockoff/replica brands like:
ASA AR1
or
XXR 521s

I'm not even sure what the proper offset/BS/brake clearance should be for our cars. Would an 18x8.5 (+25mm/5.73BS) & 18x10 (+25/6.48) look okay?

I need to find something soon - my local tire guy loves me since I'm in there constantly changing between track tires and street rubber on one set of rims.

I'm in the same boat!!!!!!!!!!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Ok....so I think I'm going with 17x9/10 chrome 10th anniversary wheels from LMR.

I'm too chicken to try XXRs or TSW Valencias without seeing a pic first (any photoshop wizards out there?)

Does anyone know if these will clear the 00 Brembos that I plan to get?

Any known clearance issues with Nitto 555 315s out back??

I don't have quad shocks and I'm currently running dumps (although I might add tail pipes later but it'd have to be custom due to rear suspension)

I noticed AM runs 255/315 combos. Any concerns with the 275/315 combo that LMR offers

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread