Cheating in NASCAR

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Oh, short ovals? For Pilot Challenge? Yeah, no thanks. I’d see no appeal in that whatsoever.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan back in the day when Bill Elliott, Mark Martin, Davey Allison, etc were running. At the time, I couldn’t stand Earnhardt and Gordon.

I went to my first NASCAR race at COTA this past weekend but only because a) it’s a road course, and b) Jordan Taylor and Kimi were racing.

Although I had a good time, I’d much rather watch in person an IMSA race or SRO GT America race. Much cheaper and I don’t have to pay extra to walk around the paddock and chat with drivers/crew members, etc.
I love nascar...but i hate them on all road courses except watkins glen and sonoma

Why? They arent made for that shit...the roval is gay, the street course in chicago is gonna be gay. Road america is gay.

Now when i go to a roadcourse ( ive been to the daytona 24, sebring, st pete grand prix, the glen and VIR) i wanna see proper sports cars and indy cars because thats what they do and its awesome!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I love nascar...but i hate them on all road courses except watkins glen and sonoma

Why? They arent made for that shit...the roval is gay, the street course in chicago is gonna be gay. Road america is gay.

Now when i go to a roadcourse ( ive been to the daytona 24, sebring, st pete grand prix, the glen and VIR) i wanna see proper sports cars and indy cars because thats what they do and its awesome!
I’m with you…I’m a big sports car fan. I’ve been to VIR, Sebring, and Road America for either IMSA or SRO/World Challenge races.

The Glen and Road Atlanta are the next couple tracks I’m going to try to get to.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I’m with you…I’m a big sports car fan. I’ve been to VIR, Sebring, and Road America for either IMSA or SRO/World Challenge races.

The Glen and Road Atlanta are the next couple tracks I’m going to try to get to.
The glen is amazingly fun
Ill be at the Sahlen 6hr race in june as usual and the cup race in august...its good shit.
The daytona prototypes rip there...i mean rip! Ive seen indy there once and was good.

I wish F1 would come back to the glen but that track is very very fast and its killed a handful across a few series. Indy cars were silly there...awesome racing

Bullitt1448

Established Member
been watching NASCAR for decades, I have little interest these days, stage racing sucks, the drivers and cars are all made with a cookie cutter. I like the days of Richard Petty, the Alabama Gang, JimmySpencer Darrell Waltrip, at least the drivers back then had personalities. Now they are all sucking the sponsors dick every time they are on camera

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love going to COTA, go for F1, Moto Gp, and NASCAR…I sit at turn 15

E72CD475-DBAA-4486-BE47-91CED8BFB5A1.jpeg
C60F3C56-65AE-4723-B580-AD45ECD1D99B.jpeg
C1F89B3D-2D30-4311-B6F5-B908220B804B.jpeg
E1AEFC29-1934-4F18-BCA1-E7B46E646BE3.jpeg
8D99CC96-E1EA-4DE3-B049-09E0270152F8.jpeg

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Things that killed NASCAR in chronological order.
1. Restrictor plates
2. Cookie cutter tracks
3. Brian France
4. Race to the chase
5. Car of Tomorrow
6. Corporate wokeism and virtue signalling

NASCAR peaked in the mid 90's to ealry 2000's.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
We went to the Bristol dirt race last year and that was a cool experience. I don't understand the new rules and don't care to if I'm honest. I quit watching after the mixed kid "found" a "noose". He got booed pretty hard at Bristol and it warmed my heart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
c6c2c57be18234ac9cf4703f89787a07.jpg
I'm pretty sure he get's boooed at every race. They should just retire him unless they do it for entertainment reasons.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Oh, short ovals? For Pilot Challenge? Yeah, no thanks. I’d see no appeal in that whatsoever.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan back in the day when Bill Elliott, Mark Martin, Davey Allison, etc were running. At the time, I couldn’t stand Earnhardt and Gordon.

I went to my first NASCAR race at COTA this past weekend but only because a) it’s a road course, and b) Jordan Taylor and Kimi were racing.

Although I had a good time, I’d much rather watch in person an IMSA race or SRO GT America race. Much cheaper and I don’t have to pay extra to walk around the paddock and chat with drivers/crew members, etc.
This

oldmachguy

Established Member
F1 cheating is next level, espionage i.e theft of rival teams technical engineering data, secret testings etc… they spend tens of millions on “bending” the rulebook..
NASA gets the best engineers who don’t make it into F1. And, as Steve Jobs once said, “Good engineers steal ideas, great engineers steal ideas shamelessly.”

Remember the whole Ferrari stealing McLaren data theft at a Woking copy shop (IIR details correctly) that spilled into a nasty court battle? You bet they cheat. Like hell.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
NASA gets the best engineers who don’t make it into F1. And, as Steve Jobs once said, “Good engineers steal ideas, great engineers steal ideas shamelessly.”

Remember the whole Ferrari stealing McLaren data theft at a Woking copy shop (IIR details correctly) that spilled into a nasty court battle? You bet they cheat. Like hell.
It was the opposite, McLaren was stealing from Ferrari… I heard a funny joke at the time along the lines of maybe McLaren can figure out what is wrong with the Ferrari and why its off pace…it was Fernando Alonso that dimed out Ferrari, as he was rather unhappy and driving for McLaren at the time.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Our seats are at Turn 15 as well. Awesome track for spectating, even better to drive.
I was at Turn 15, Section 2, Row 30….outstanding seats.

I’d love to drive it some day. When NASA had their championship there a number of years ago, I really wanted to go but at the time I was winding down and not racing much…and I recall it being pretty pricey in addition to trailering the car down there.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
It was the opposite, McLaren was stealing from Ferrari… I heard a funny joke at the time along the lines of maybe McLaren can figure out what is wrong with the Ferrari and why its off pace…it was Fernando Alonso that dimed out Ferrari, as he was rather unhappy and driving for McLaren at the time.
Haha i love it

In nascar hammond and knaus were the master crew chiefs...and they worked together

Users who are viewing this thread