Check Engine Light on after Installing a Billetflow T/b-Plem

Bodacious

Established Member
Need a little help Svtp... I put a Billetflow T/B and a ported accufab Plem on my 04 cobra Saturday. After i completed i started my car and my car rev up lil higher than normal close to 2 grand than after a few secs drops to about 1500 than few secs later drops to about a 1k. Even when i drive the car and stop at a redlight its rev up like close to 2k then drops down after a couple of secs.So my check engine light is on and is saying CODE P0507 IDLE AIR CONTROL SYSTEM RPM HIGHER THAN EXPECTED. I have cleared the codes with my diablosport turner but it keeps coming back. can anyone help me out or advice on what to do its really bothering me... Thx Bo

TVSCobra

Established Member
Did you clear the adaptions after installing the TB/plenum? Reload your tune then disconnect the Battery for 20 minutes. Start the car and let it idle for a few minutes to operating temp, then drive it and see if it gets better.

Avispa

Established Member
After you've done what RicePunisher suggested, if you're still idling too high, try disconnecting the idle air control with the motor idling. If the RPMs don't drop below 1000 (should be about 500 to 600 or a complete stall out), you probably have to reset the throttle stop on the TB or re-center the throttle blade. I had to spend a few hours doing that on my Accufab TB; according to JDM Engineering they have to adjust most of them before installation.

The code you're getting is consistent with the IAC being completely closed and the idle speed being too high.

Users who are viewing this thread