Check Engine light???

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hey guys its me again, with another question. I just installed a ported TB, and a CAI about a month ago, car is running great (very happy)... Like everybody said, the computer did re-learn. But here is my question, is it normal for the Check Engine light to come on, after these mods are put on??? I ask just because im a bit worried, but the car is still running great (no problems at all) i have only 12k on it. Can i get my bud at work to put his computer on it, and clear the code???? I have no clue guys, any advice will be greatly appreciated.. Thnx... :shrug:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
From my eperience, CEL's are usually nothing to worry about. Have your bud put it on his computer and see what codes show up. Probably nothing to worry about. If it's because of your TB and CAI, delete the codes.

svt2nv04

Established Member
^^ yeah pretty much what he said. i've had the check engine light come on so i plug my diablo predator up to see what the code is. then i delete the code and if it comes back on then i know i'll have to do something about it. most of the times it doesn't come back on though, i've only had the check engine light on like 3 times and once it was something that needed replaced (thermostat) all the other times was just a false alarm.

BTW you should invest in a diablo predator!

Users who are viewing this thread