check engine light

svtman28

Established Member
Ok I'm pretty sure this has been brought up. My car has just hit the 100k milestone and as a reward the car turns on the check engine light. So my question is how do I turn it off without going to the dealer?

Primaris

Established Member
You fix what is triggering the light. Get the code read at Autozone or similar store and post it.

svtman28

Established Member
I pretty sure its the code to take it in and pay the dealer 50 bucks to turn it off. So I'll probally do the dashboard check and see what it says.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Or unplug the negative battery cable for 5 mins, and it'll reset. But if it comes back quick, time for a diagnosis. E-

Primaris

Established Member
I pretty sure its the code to take it in and pay the dealer 50 bucks to turn it off. So I'll probally do the dashboard check and see what it says.

Our car does not code at any set mileage. You have a fault somewhere.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
if a engine lamp comes on, it means there is a emission related concern.. it has a problem and needs to be fixed. for say if its a O2 sensor not switching, and is stuck on lean, the pcm will push as much fuel as possible to correct it, in turn it can melt a converter... costing 3x the amout as a sensor. get the codes and post them. any auto parts store can usually pull the code for free

Users who are viewing this thread