Check Engine light.

missile man

Established Member
Need a little help. My CEL comes on after I disconnect the battery and leave it off for any length of time. I have left it off for 30 minutes to overnight. I reconnect the battery and the CEL stays off for about 40-50 miles and then comes back on. I have MIL eliminators and Bassani O/R X- pipe. I also have Magnapacs where the mufflers used to be. Performance doesn't seem to change at all after the light comes on. Any suggestions?:shrug:

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
Go to an Autozone and have the code read....

BTW what size magnapacks did you use?

nuxx

Established Member
Which MILs did you get? Just cheap home brew ones where you have to connect wires yourself, or a clip in well sealed set?

I had the RPM outlet ones when I had an O/R xpipe on my 03, nice pieces, never had a check engine light. I sold them with my O/R xpipe and now just have the rear 02s tuned off with my custom Predator tune for the catted xpipe.

My guess would be faulty MILs.
-Peter
BTW:: Catted xpipes sure sound better on these cars (o/r sounds like ass, and also nice and torquey down low with cats :) )

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
Most autozones will hook up a code scanner to your OBD port to read/clear any codes you have....and its free!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya my guess would be your MIL's. BTW, how do you like the Packs with the offroad X pipe??

missile man

Established Member
I bought the MIL eliminators from Houston Performance. They are pretty well sealed. I should probably check them to see if they have not come loose or gotten any water in them. I may put the old cats back on just to see if they make the CEL go away if I can't find anything wrong with the MIL eliminators. I am putting the BBK lowering springs on when we get back from the Disney Christmas Cruise. LOF! This will give me a chance to check the undercarriage and the connections.

missile man

Established Member
If you like loud you will love the Magan Pacs. I had them at the Drags and everyone I talked to loved the sound.

nuxx

Established Member
Thing that bothered me about the car being too loud (o/r xpipe and xr1s), was you couldn't hear the blower, which I think is the best sound the car makes.

You'd step on it and just hear clutter, noise, and engine sounds... sounded like crap... IMO :)
-Peter

Last edited:

missile man

Established Member
I grew up with my dad owning alot of muscle cars with the flowmaster exhaust. I really like the sound. When I go to the drags I love to sit close to the burnouts so I can hear the open headers. Just love the sound. Then again my hearing might not be that great after working on missile systems for 19 years being around those big generators humming away. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread