Check gas cap light is on

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I noticed a few weeks ago I noticed my check gas cap light had come on (it was hard to see because it is behind my AF gauge on my steering column). I checked my gas cap and it was fine. I disconnected my battery cable and then reconnected it and the light went out. I noticed today it was back on.

Any idea what this could be about? I checked the gas cap again and it is fine. Also, would this make the motor pull timing or something (kind of like when the check engine light comes on)?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Don't know about the timing but here's what I would do.

Go to a local autoparts store, look for their "book" section and look for a Mustang book that has a wiring diagram in it and try to find out what the wiring of that gas cap is. My guess would be something came a bit loose and you've got a short somewhere.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
Mine came on when I did the PPRV delete. Cap was on good and nothing seemed to be wrong. Turned out there was a place where the hose had just barely wiggled loose right up next to the fuel tank, and it triggered the light.

You haven't done the PPRV delete lately have you?

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Mine came on when I did the PPRV delete. Cap was on good and nothing seemed to be wrong. Turned out there was a place where the hose had just barely wiggled loose right up next to the fuel tank, and it triggered the light.

You haven't done the PPRV delete lately have you?

I don't know, maybe. What is it? I have a KB BAP 60lb injectors and a Hellion turbo set-up. The only thing I did delete during the install was the EGR stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread