Check out my Dyno Cam!!

69redmach1

Established Member
Hey guys you think you had a bad day?! As you can see in the picture http://www.performance-dyno.com/webcam/webcam.htm I just had my floor re-done with epoxy. It cost me almost $1000. I've never had any major problems with debris hitting the floor, I just wanted to make it easier to clean spills. Wouldn't you know it. After 6,122 dyno pulls with no major breakage, I dynoed and tuned and 05 Chevy pickup today, Bone stock! On the 2nd pull I hear a big bang under the truck! We stop the truck and look underneath. The driveshaft absolutely grenaded into 3 pieces! If you look to the left on the camera you can see a chunk hanging from the ceiling. It's mutilated I hung it there as a souvineir. Anyway, so much for my new floor, it took chunks out of it everywhere! The driveshafts are hollow aluminum and I'm amazed how cheap they are.
Pete

Last edited:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Hey Pete, sorry to hear of that. I did see the new floor.
Be seeing you soon as my new parts are coming in. Ken

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Wow, sorry man. What a POS...but at least it didn't grenade into someone! Good luck with the new floor.

ponynx

Established Member
pete, now you see why we should not have people standing anywhere near the cars ! when you called me and had me look at it it is a relief nobody was standing there , whew ! anyways patch up the floor and get to work !

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
sucks Pete....at least it was just the floor and not you guys or the truck....will be in touch soon...:beer:

69redmach1

Established Member
Jake, I feel your pain at the track. 3 years ago I put my new stroker motor in my '69 and proceeded to break every part in my drivetrain one at a time. Anyway, I'll guarantee that you'll hit 10's with that car on the motor once you get those issues ironed out. You're trap speeds are impressive considering the problems your having.
Pete

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
Jake, I feel your pain at the track. 3 years ago I put my new stroker motor in my '69 and proceeded to break every part in my drivetrain one at a time. Anyway, I'll guarantee that you'll hit 10's with that car on the motor once you get those issues ironed out. You're trap speeds are impressive considering the problems your having.
Pete

yea...need to come see you too once I fix this. the swap to the 2.93/4 might have changed my a/f a bit now that i replay my "in car video" and watch my guage...

Users who are viewing this thread