Check out my Dyno chart.

ZXMustang

Banned
Heres the numbers. Sound about right with 23 degrees of timming. Mods are in my sig.

DSC008641.jpg

Cobrachic03

Established Member
why do the numbers drop so fast after 5000rpms? thats a funny looking graph, but what do i know...lol

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Your torque is dropping off too fast. Doesn't look right at all. The curve should look more like a table rather than a side of a mountain. Horsepower seems really low for a 2.8 pulley. Maybe you a have a bird stuck in your inlet pipe? :poke: Seriously though, I'd get it checked out. What type of dyno was it?

Greg@RET

Established Member
Your hp is low.... I agree your a/f looks good and you said 23*. What plugs do you have? BTW there is no need to spin the stock Eaton pass 6.0 rpms :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
key said:
He doesn't have mid-pipe + catback, couldn't that be hindering his HP?

Maybe by 10-20 hp, but his numbers are still low. Like someone else said, the torque is right on for the mods. HP should be around 430-440 at least.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
How does your datalog look. Maybe they have you commanded with a peak of 23* of timing, but it could be all over the place through the rest of the rpm's. It is the little details of the tune that make the difference.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
The numbers don't bother me as much as the shape of the graph. Numbers don't mean anything unless you can compare them to another known vehicle. It could be the way the dyno is calibrated. But the torque sure seems to fall off fast. I see a bit of wheel spin around 5400 rpm too. With 23 degrees of timing and that smooth an a/f ratio, I would be interested in seeing a pull from another dyno.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
He's running the stock intake with a K&N drop filter and 100% stock exhaust, and I also think stock plugs. Basically just threw a pulley on it and tuned it.

If he does intake and catback - he'll need another tune right?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
EDIT: I'll take belt slip for $200 Alex. Also, isn't 23* of timing a lil excessive?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
For some reason I thought I saw FIPK in your sig. With just a drop in and the other mods you are about 10-15hp shy of the norm. So with that, your numbers are about right. But yes, that graph is atrocious. After further review I am going to say that it is most likely a combination of Spark blow out and belt slip.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Rick James said:
I was thinking belt slip also, but if that was the case the torque would drop off at the same time right? Also, isn't 23* of timing a lil excessive? Something is wrong if you are making PEAK HP @ 3500rpms. I would take it to another dyno.

His peak HP is at about 5600 rpm. His torque peaks at about 3500 which is about right.

Users who are viewing this thread