Check out the beating I'm taking over at Focaljet.com

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Hey Folks,

I go over to Focaljet.com in order to keep them abreast of the technological advances that I make with my products and I get treated like the proverbial "red-headed stepchild". If you got a moment, go over that read this thread that I started:

http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=009573&p=3#000068

There is this tuner, 1turbofocus, who claims that there is less than 4hp to be gained by tuning only air/fuel on an '03 Cobra. This guy is driving me bonkers. Let me know what you think. Should I just forget that board?

MJ

A's Cobra

Established Member
Make an public offer to retune a stang he does, if you find more hp or torque, he submits a formal post stating his ingnorance.... beyond that you can feel free to use my new years resolution, i stole it from my father in law and have been using it for about 10 years now, "Don't get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed person " It really does make your life much less stressfull.

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Well... (coughs)

As I understand it.. doesn't Sean Hyland use your setup as well?

I don't mean to be throwing names around.. but...

In any event... a lot of folks feel the need to be ... suspicious...
I mean.... get a chip burned ... cookie cutter style... and the guy selling you the chip says "no problem you will be fine".
But everyone else will say... Get it Dyno'd and get the A/F checked. (shrug)

Any chance you can get your product shoved under MM/FF 's noses .. or ... 5.0?

Then when they are done with it... all the naysayers will have to eat crow.....

I know a local tuner (well ok Phoenix) raved about the MAFterburner... and told me I should get one... so .. SOMEONE out there loves ya!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Thanks guys! Normally this sort of thing doesn't bother me but I guess I'm just getting tired of dealing with it.

With regards to MM&FF or 5.0 magazine, well MM&FF has had a MAFterburner for quite some time now and well........zip has happened with it. Not sure why it takes so long, especially when they say that they are HOT for tech, but who knows.

Thanks again,

MJ

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Hey Mark !!!

Mark:

Don't let Mr. Tom Lesperante (turbofocus) and Mr. Mike Wilson (thechipguy - from NC) get to you on that board. I have used Tom's dyno facility in the past and you will not believe how ignorant the man is. I'm not the kind to air my dirty laundry on the net but both Tom and Mike will never see a penny of mine again.

Mike is the responsible party in me having a new SHM motor on my 97 Cobra right after he managed to tune my car via chip to a total of 24 degrees of timing after I clearly told him to not exceed 17 degrees. I wanted a safe tune from him and ended up with 2 destroyed pistons and a nice new engine thanks to his arrogance and master tuning experience :cuss: ... His crappy work also cost me a wonderful $600 for the crappy tune + the cost of a new engine... :fm:

Both of them are as low as a human being can be in my book !!!

Don't pay attention to them.... I'm looking forward to trying your products in the near future as I think they a great tool for the DIY person.

Keep up the good work...

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Mark,
Gee.. that just about puts the lid on those dudes....

Sorry to hear about the motor failure but on the other hand.. bet you are LOVING the SHM motor no?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
ArizonaSnake

I do love the new motor...:beer:

How does 600 RWHP and 500 ft lb on 15 psi of Vortech boost sound to you ??? The car runs extremely well... :thumbsup:

Here is a pic of the finished product:

116-718-28982.jpg

and the car !!!

116-718-33528.jpg

Sorry Mark for hijacking your post...

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Nice looking ride.... that looks SWEET....
So how does it compare to your 03?

Mark.. Mark who..? He can always start another thread.. right Mark?

:-D

:burnout:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
ArizonaSnake !!!

ArizonaSnake:

They are both great cars. The 97 is a lot faster but it also very light compared to the 03 (3250 lbs for the 97 vs 36XX lbs for the 03). The 97 is more of a track car with awesome top end power but is nowere near as fun to drive on a daily basis as the 03. The torque band on the 03 is soooo linear, it makes the car a blast to dive on the street. The 97 has to be would up on the RPMs to make good power... Once the 97 Vobra is over 4000 rpms, it's no comparizon to the 03. Both are great, so for me it is the 03 as a daily driver and the 97 as a track bitch/show car. I would hate to have to choose one or the other....

There are more pics of both Cobra's here:

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=718

Enjoy !!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread