Check out this N-tercooler

static_kling

2 Legit
Established Member
Have any of you guys heard of this product (click me)? I saw it equipped on a Supra in Super Street and thought it was pretty sweet :thumbsup:. It looks sort of like the intercooler spray feature on the 2004 Lightning concept (i.e. temporary power shots w/o nitrous), not sure though. Thoughts?

Blown306

Established Member
I haven't seen that particular one, but I've heard of kits using CO2 to intercool. You can also go with water/alcohol injection, N2O or CO2. There's been talk about using LP as well, but I haven't researched it much (I think there's some GN guys running it). Personally, I'm going with H2O...it's a lot cheaper to fill a bottle of water. I was using a 40hp shot of nitrous to bring down the ACT...with H2O you can easily run it progressively off idle when using a MAP sensor and controller.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
This would certainly affect A/F, no? Perhaps a separate Ntercooler tune for those special occassions?

Blown306

Established Member
Depends...if it dumps into the intake tract, yes. But this system looks like it simply cools the tube, which is attached to the intercooler. The pressure drop makes the tube very cold, which absorbs more heat from the intercooler.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
if you had a real tough engine, and a good tune, you could spray nitrous across the intercooler, then in the engine!

Its like killing two birds with one stone!

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread