Check this out, washing your car safely

SVT4ME

Established Member
Me too I would never go to one of those coin ops carwashes. Maybe to steam clean the engine only, and they dont even allow that either

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Sometimes I go to those car washes but I never use their brush. I bring a bucket and a soft wash mit with me. I only use the soap and the pressure washer from a distance.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I usually go with some nice sand paper. Then I spit on my car with malicious angst.

Anyone would have to be retarded to use the brush at a coin-op. car wash. They're good for getting crap out of the tire treads but othwerwise it is just abrasive.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
I go to coin car washes and I scrub the -ish out of my truck with that brush. I even clean the tires off and then use it on the paint. But it's a Chevy truck so it deserves every bit of that brush. lol... and it's just a work truck.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
There is a new car wash around here and it doesn't even touch the car. It washes it, soaps it, and drys it. The whole thing takes a couple mins. It's a good idea but FOCK THAT, I would NEVER bring my car to one of those. Hell it only takes about 15 mins from start to dry myself.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea if you are too lazy to wash your car yourself just give up now and give me your car. I can understand drought restrictions but i mean jesus 15 minutes is not an inconvenience

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
If you feel the need to spend $$$ on that kind of crap, you need to seriously review your spending habits.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
on the cobra, I soak it with a garden weed sprayer so not to be pushing all the dust off with the water, and then I hose, and then I bring out the pressure washer, and the only thing it gets touched with, is the drying towel, and the waxing rag. My DD, it just gets heat and pressure out of my pressure washer to get the mud off.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Car/truck wash brushes come with many different kinds of bristles. In general, softer bristles scratch less but don't last as long. I use brushes in my business but I wouldn't use them on my Cobra. There is just too much chance of scratching the clear coat. A clean sponge does well for me. For drying, you can't beat a leaf blower.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
You guys might be overlooking the fact that it's possible that he lives in an apartment complex or a condo that doesn't have garages, and if the parking lot is crowded, then he might not have a decent place to wash his car. But here's another scenario.....

What about the people who drive their cars in the winter? It's tough to handwash your car when it's 20 degrees outside since the water just freezes on the car before you even have a chance to dry it. So wouldn't that make it neccessary to go to an automatic carwash that dries your car immediately w/air? And everyone knows how they can scratch your car. I would look for one of those "touchless" car washes as was previously mentioned, that don't use anything but a water spray. I don't see any problem w/those. Sure, a lot of you have more than one car, and therefore don't have to drive your Mustangs in the winter, and I'm sure that many of you also own nice houses w/two car garages, but let's not be snobbish about this. Some people just aren't in the same situation. And you've overlooked the fact that this guy probably would never use a brush on his car either which is probably the reason why he wants to find that brush cover so that the bristles won't scratch his car.

And BTW, a brush that has bristles made of Boar's hair will NOT scratch your car, however, I'm sure that you'll never find brushes like that at a carwash since they're expensive.

Last edited:

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
Originally posted by DRIVINGLESSON
http://ideashappen.msn.com/Entries/Default.aspx?id=7028

I was looking at ideas that people have concerning car care and found this. I think it's really cool, Anyone seen one???
It is nice to have the option for those who would use a brush... :bash:

When I go to the coin op bays, I bring my own bucket, mitt and soap watr, scrub the car down, spray her off, air dry it going down the street and then pull over to do the touch up drying with my chamois :shrug:

So, this wouldn't be for me...but good for those who would try and use the brush

Users who are viewing this thread