Chevy Truck Kill

'01 Black L

Established Member
Tonight I was over at one of my friend's places watching the NHL Skills competition and we got to betting on the Super Bowl, well that led to betting on who's truck was faster. Which means I get to street race. :-D It was my Explorer vs a '96 Chevy 1500 w/ a 4.3L V-6. The Chevy is stock and my Explorer's got a KKM intake and a catback. Seeing that this last weekend we got about a foot of snow and it's been raining all week, the roads were going to be sooo nice and wet. So we head down to this nice 4 lane strip where a new sub division is being made. Oh yes the road is nice and wet. We line up and he's got a couple sand bags and a bed full of snow for weight, which I figured would hurt more then it helped. The only extra weight I've got is a 8 cubic foot sub box and a Manik bush bumper. What a stroke of luck, I've even got 1/4 tank. He's next to me and does a little burnout and I'm just power braking on the line waiting for the flagger to drop. He drops and we're off, er, I mean I'm off cuz he's sitting there spinning like mad. It wasn't even funny. You couldn't measure it in car lengths, more like bus lengths. I let off and flicked on the hazards (I love to rub this stuff in) and coasted through the finish. A quick and easy way to make $50 bucks. So we get to my friends place and ask my other buddy how he likes getting beat down by the soccer mom wagon. It was soooo funny he's a real hardcore Chevy power guy, has a giant bow-tie and sticker that says Chevy's Only in the back window. They were so adamamant that I would get my ass kicked. Talkin' smack like "You better go get the Benz". I wonder what crow tastes like? hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread