Chicago Autoshow

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
I just got back from the show. I must say I am not a fan of the new GT500. I am not sure what I dont like about the car but it just does not grab me like my 04 did. I do like the white with the blue stripes though, I think it looks sharp. I think I just dont like how big the doors are and the black mirros. The hood is fine I dont know why everyone is play it up so much. Oh well, I am sure it will be fast though.

I dont think it is the actual car because they would not show the engine. Also the guy talking about the car was saying how a KN filter will add 20 hp and that ford is going to do aftermarket parts for the shelby, like smaller pulleys and stuff like that. And get this, he said if Ford does it, it wont void the warrenty. I was like right. :bored: :bs:

stang22

Established Member
....04 looks ugly to me compared to the new Shelby GT-500....No comparison!!! Shelby all the way baby!! :coolman: Retro styling alone blows it away,...much less hp,etc.!! ;-)

Last edited:

MINGREYCOBRA

Established Member
04 cobra ugly ???? Sorry , but you will find a lot of disagreement on that one , you must not own one . I too saw the GT500 and its a turn-off . The retro styling only appeals to the " old fart club" . I wish the new mustang was more futuristic and modern , those round headlights do not look very good and the this car is a porker . Don't get me wrong , I love all mustangs , but they are going backwards . The 05 gt mustang looks weird when its coming at you on the street , its just plain looking . The gt 500 looks better , but the chicken wire grille and that old fart shelbys name all over it is gross . He had nothing to do with the build , so its a fake shelby in my eyes . Hes makin some real shelbys at a diffrent factory like the old days and those will surpass the generic gt 500 . I wish they would call the 07 cobra and forget that old farts name . Ya know , the guy wears diapers because when he farts he craps his pants , maybe when he signs your dash , he'll crap on your seat . O4 cobra ugly , you are ugly and a fool to dis the terms . Shame , Shame !!

Extreme281

Banned
I think your in the wrong forum to be talking shit about 03-04 Cobras,but i bet your in your 40 or plus years so i can see why you think the Cobra wack, Im actually waiting for my older brother to recieve hes so i can spank his ass with my 04 ,ill post the video of the big boat 500,it should look goood threw my rear view mirror

MINGREYCOBRA

Established Member
Well , I didn't say I hated it , I just think it should be left to a 07 cobra . Theres nothing shelby about the car other than the name on the trunk lid . And besides , the 03 - 04 cobras are really cool cars and anyone that says otherwise is misinformed.

mrGT

Established Member
MINGREYCOBRA said:
Well , I didn't say I hated it , I just think it should be left to a 07 cobra . Theres nothing shelby about the car other than the name on the trunk lid . And besides , the 03 - 04 cobras are really cool cars and anyone that says otherwise is misinformed.
You may not have said you hated it, but you were sure dissing the Shelby. I think you should keep your 04 and forget about the Shelby....in fact, I really wish all the Term lovers would go find a room where they could stroke each other out of eye sight of the Shelby lovers. I'm so tired about hearing how great the 03/04 is.....on a Shelby Cobra GT500 forum. You're not making any headway on this forum. For the most part, the people wanting a Shelby have a great deal of respect and admiration for the 03/04.....they just want to move on up to the Shelby. And all the dissing the 03/04 lovers can pile on is NOT going to change anyone's mind that really wants the Shelby. Definitely not mine!!!

~

Last edited:

stang22

Established Member
mrGT said:
You may not have said you hated it, but you were sure dissing the Shelby. I think you should keep your 04 and forget about the Shelby....in fact, I really wish all the Term lovers would go find a room where they could stroke each other out of eye sight of the Shelby lovers. I'm so tired about hearing how great the 03/04 is.....on a Shelby Cobra GT500 forum. You're not making any headway on this forum. For the most part, the people wanting a Shelby have a great deal of respect and admiration for the 03/04.....they just want to move on up to the Shelby. And all the dissing the 03/04 lovers can pile on is NOT going to change anyone's mind that really wants the Shelby. Definitely not mine!!!

~
Totally agree,..and very well said! They all seem jealous because they can't either get one,...or the fact that they still owe large sums of money and they don't want to lose more by trading it in,who knows,who cares.I said the 04 was what it is in the first post of mine,as I really get tired of close-minded people(basically very young age, immature for sure)with their hating comments.But to clarify, The 04 is not a bad looking car,...but by no means does it even compare in looks and performance to the new Shelby GT500,...as the 500 will blow the '04 out of the water in styling,performance,etc...(the new retro mustang design is a smash hit,proved by its record sales,don't be a hater'04 little immature babies) :-D ..And...They are sooo Jealous of the fact because they're stuck with what they got (so too speak),..because there is a much better performance and styled Shelby GT500 to be had!!.....I have never in all my years,seen soo many haters on any forum,...especially about a car "from their own forum", that's a total improvement in every way than the '04,...and because their soo negative,jealous,..their young immature minds express their incompetence.The '04 is a good car, but will never hold a candle in any way, to the new Shelby GT500.....Done Deal!!!...Game Over!! ;-)

Last edited:

Svt Pilot

Established Member
mrGT said:

~
Finally someone with common sense. I think its funny that 90% of the haters have 03/04 Cobras. Its a totally different car you guys have to accept that. I have an 04 Cobra and I can not wait until my GT500 comes in. Just wait till these cars hit the streets. Jealousy is a bi*ch huh. :poke:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I love them both for what they are

Lots of hating going on here. I had an 03 Cobra and I miss the heck out of the motor, but the chassis was not up to the task, it is way to loose and flexible. The car still looks really mean and sharp when I see one. No one should ever feel bad in anyway driving a Terminator as far as I am concerned.

I would have preferred that they kept the exact look of the original Shelby show car, but they made some changes and I can deal with that. Yes, this car is HEAVY, but the chassis should be much better able to cope with the added power. This should translate into notable performance boost all around even without IRS.

Since this is America I guess you can come here and hate on the new car but what’s the point your not taking any chances. All you haters that really are into pissing people off, go to Iraq and argue with Muslims Extremists as to how your right and they are wrong. Now you picking on someone your own size……Have a nice day…..Steve

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
mrGT said:

~

My point of view that he is probably trying to explain as a 03 owner. I love my 03 the way it looks etc, it strikes fear in Honda owners everywhere, ha.

For myself when I first heard of an 07 SHELBY I was salivating, bigger motor, better heads, solid rear with a panhard bar, what's not to like? Then I get a look at it and the dang thing just turns me off. I love the interior, drivetrain etc, and the weight argument is nothing more than that, an argument. I want one if Black or Silver looks any better. The wheels also aren't helping in my opinion.

BUT if they all rub me the way the red unit looks with the stripes I will stick with my terminator. I think my silver car looks better than the red Shelby, so much more I would be forced to buy a Z06 since the looks of this car are right on in my opinion. Honestly I hate Chevy owners because they have such a slick looking car at their disposal. Coincidentally most Shelby buyers probably think the 03-04 guys feel this way towards the Shelby. Not so, I want Ford to be on top I bleed blue. If my car can't get it done on street I want Ford to put out a better unit that can. The Shelby should have done this but it does not in my opinion from what I see. I think the SHELBY should be able to woop up on a Z06 no matter what class you put the two cars in, I bleed BLUE. I don't care what they weigh, although it is playing a big variable for Chevy in performance. I think the Shelby should look better than the Z06 if it can't be simply modded to smoke the Z06 at the very least.

In other words I want to see a black Shelby, and silver Shelby all with no stripes and different wheels. Then we need to get the likes of Billetflow, HPbyHerman and whoever else to get this car hauling in the 1/4. Then I think you will see the Terminator 03-04 guys happy with the car. Right now we are just not happy with what we see and Ford should be able to do better. In my opinion they should be the best period.

Last edited:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
What do you guys expect? You are saying the GT500 will blow the 03-04s out of the water and you are surprised at all the hating going on, the Terminator Cobra owners are fiercely loyal. I expect the GT500 to be a better car and would be disappointed if it was not. Just remember that it may say Shelby on the outside but what is under the hood is all SVT.

mrGT

Established Member
Force4.6 said:
What do you guys expect? You are saying the GT500 will blow the 03-04s out of the water and you are surprised at all the hating going on, the Terminator Cobra owners are fiercely loyal. I expect the GT500 to be a better car and would be disappointed if it was not. Just remember that it may say Shelby on the outside but what is under the hood is all SVT.
Being loyal is one thing, trying to convert others is another. It would seem to me that the posters on this board should be here to discuss the Shelby, not the Terminator. I see everyone on the Terminator forum supports the Terminator.....and you know what, I see no reason for me to post about the Shelby on their forum. To be honest, I don't care if they berate or just outright hate the Shelby on that forum.....it's their forum. But what it looks like to me is that the 03/04 lovers are just over here to start a fight....that's not contributing to the intent of the forum. So if the Terminators want to diss the Shelby and talk about how much better the 03/04 is , you'd be better accepted on that forum.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
mrGT said:
Being loyal is one thing, trying to convert others is another. It would seem to me that the posters on this board should be here to discuss the Shelby, not the Terminator. I see everyone on the Terminator forum supports the Terminator.....and you know what, I see no reason for me to post about the Shelby on their forum. To be honest, I don't care if they berate or just outright hate the Shelby on that forum.....it's their forum. But what it looks like to me is that the 03/04 lovers are just over here to start a fight....that's not contributing to the intent of the forum. So if the Terminators want to diss the Shelby and talk about how much better the 03/04 is , you'd be better accepted on that forum.

HUH?? Hey pal you obviously missed the opener that CobraZB had at the beginning. He is talking about the GT500 in the 500 forum. Otherwise the post gets moved!!

Last edited:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Look I didn't diss anything, buy whatever car you want its your choice. Previously in another thread I have said I liked the GT500 but not as much as the 03/04. Everbody likes something different, you can buy whatever you want, and last time I checked it says SVTPERFORMANCE.COM not Shelby!! If the original thread starter didn't like the GT500 they have every right to post in here.

mrGT

Established Member
Yates...Man said:
HUH?? Hey pal you obviously missed the opener that CobraZB had at the beginning. He is talking about the GT500 in the 500 forum. Otherwise the post gets moved!!
Nope, didn't miss the opener at all! I don't remember commenting on CobraZB's post. But go back and read all the posts and you should be able to get the point of my posts......pal!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Being a previous owner of a 96...99...& 03 Cobra...can't we all just get along??

It's about Ford & SVT providing exciting products for it's enthusiasts...not nit picking the differences between model years.

I cherished my Terminator...but like my previous Cobras, I decided to move on to the latest SVT Mustang.

I am sure there will be things that I like more about the Terminator than the Shelby...and vise versa. But that does not mean I become unloyal to either product or disregard the unique features both cars have to offer.

mrGT

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Being a previous owner of a 96...99...& 03 Cobra...can't we all just get along??

It's about Ford & SVT providing exciting products for it's enthusiasts...not nit picking the differences between model years.

I cherished my Terminator...but like my previous Cobras, I decided to move on to the latest SVT Mustang.

I am sure there will be things that I like more about the Terminator than the Shelby...and vise versa. But that does not mean I become unloyal to either product or disregard the unique features both cars have to offer.
I'd second that.

chuckstang

Established Member
snakebite-right on man! I agree, I had a 95, now a 99, and well I think I may skip the 03,04 just because I would like to try the new chassis and finally a completely new mustang! Also the gt500 is the new, next generation Cobra!!! also, Im young and would never try to say "my 99 is lighter and a better handler...bla bla bla"
some people have to think the car they own is the best ever lol just cause they own it. and thats unfortunate

Users who are viewing this thread