Chinese Zoos' live animal feedings to Lions

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
It's called nature. Probably shouldn't watch Animal Planet or National Geographic Channel either. :idea:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
These are captive big cats. They do not have the need to hunt for survival. Furthermore, this is human interference with nature. How often have you see Animal Discovery or National Geographic carry goats along on an excursion and feed wild lions to keep them alive? Doesn't happen. Its projects the wrong message. Sure, kids can learn about predatorial animals, but this isn't the way to teach them. This is just a bloodsport that children are allowed to partake in. A goat isn't a wild lion's natural food source. There is no hunting; no chance for the prey to escape. They are simply throwing in a live creature to be ripped apart for the enjoyment of watching. Nothing natural about it.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I would agree that it seems to be a bit of a bloodsport with the audience, but on the other hand, it probably beneficial for the animals to be able to use their predatory skills on occasion.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It brings dignity to what we have done to the rest of the animal kingdom. let them eat and let the kids feed them.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
You know, I would agree if it were more like an animal reserve and away from public viewing, especially for children. However, I honestly can't see how one zoo can keep so many lions in conditions that are humane for all the animals. Those are a lot of lions to feed.

Lightning_Bolt

2002 Lightning
Established Member
Good idea but instead of feeding them goats and chickens. I say lets feed them thieves and gang bangers. This way we teach them childeren if they grow up to be bad they will be punished.

Thrust

Established Member
Good idea but instead of feeding them goats and chickens. I say lets feed them thieves and gang bangers. This way we teach them childeren if they grow up to be bad they will be punished.

I would be feeding them deathrow criminals. I really have no problem with them eating live animals. If I could run one down fast enough, I would be eating them too.:-D

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
So, if we all buy tickets to go and watch this, do we get a group discount? If so, I'm down. I wanna see a lion actually act like a lion.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanna see a lion actually act like a lion.

Thats the exact reason i stopped going to zoos. Animals suck when sitting around, specifically the predatory ones.

Aquariums on the other hand:rockon: Although feeding the dolphins at seaworld scared the bajebus out of me:nonono:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
this is why every other countrly is getting further and further away from the age of the stonage, while here in the us we blindside ourselves that nature and reality are morally and religiously evil.

i think it's important not to shelter children. show them the way the 'system' (nature) really works.

for you bible thumpers out there, sure god loves you and your children; however, me might send one of his 'puppets' to break into your house at 2am, and kill you all.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
It's called nature. Probably shouldn't watch Animal Planet or National Geographic Channel either. :idea:

Wow, you need to read the whole article then...Nothing like animal planet you dumbass.

There is nothing wrong with showing kids how the "system" works, take the show Planet Earth for example, that was ok, that is how it is in nature. A tiger has to stalk its prey and chase them down and then make the kill. This is about humans taking animals against there will and throwing them into a pit of hungry lions or tigers...I didnt realize thats how it was in the wild.

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
this is why every other countrly is getting further and further away from the age of the stonage, while here in the us we blindside ourselves that nature and reality are morally and religiously evil.

i think it's important not to shelter children. show them the way the 'system' (nature) really works.

for you bible thumpers out there, sure god loves you and your children; however, me might send one of his 'puppets' to break into your house at 2am, and kill you all.

Really tough to make a stretch there to draw in a religious debate, uh?

Why not throw a kitten into a group of starving pit bulls to show your kids how the system (nature) works. I don't see how this really teaches kids anything. Lions need humans to feed them perhaps? It doesn't teach kids how lions hunt, because there's no hunting involved. Its just to see a goat torn to pieces. Call it what you will, but its a bloodsport...nothing else.

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
This is about humans taking animals against there will and throwing them into a pit of hungry lions or tigers...I didnt realize thats how it was in the wild.

haha im sorry against their will? so in the wild they are chased and eaten with their consent? haha....

anyway i have mixed feelings id rather they just put the animal in their and the lions could chase it and whatever instead of dropping it but oh well

Users who are viewing this thread