chip??

TEABG

Banned
Pull the kick panel on the passenger side, it is located right next to the door. Pull the ECU. Do you know how ?

snackpack

Established Member
yeah, I pulled it out about an hour ago to see if it had a chip or not. But I'm not sure where the chip would actually be.

TEABG

Banned
There are numerous wire harnesses, undue each one. There is (1) large bolt on the bottom of the ECU itself holding it in place. Turn that bolt for about an hour, just kidding it will fell like an hour because the bolt is so long. After the bolt is loose the harness from the ECU will come loose and you will be able to pull it out. Look on the top of the computer. If there is a Chip in plain sight then you know, that is one of the styles. Then there is one that actually inside the ECU. Look for tampering marks on the permitter of ECU. Look to see if the bolts have marks on them. If not then you do not have a Chip. You could have a flash though from a performance programmer like Dialbo or SCT. If you still suspect you have a tuning file then have a dealer re-flash the ECU with a current program.

snackpack

Established Member
I wanted to get a tuner for my car, but I can't get a predator because it has a tune on the car currently. I had my car in the shop for the stalling problem and the pedal recall, but they said that they couldn't communicate w/ the CPU at all. So I figured I would find out for sure if it has a chip in ot or not before I try and find a dealer to reflash it for me.

snackpack

Established Member
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but would this be a chip?

121660418181330018ar.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Right side

TEABG

Banned
snackpack said:
K. Where would a chip plug into then?

Not sure but I have seen one installed before and it is large enough to be noticed. That chip style you are currently looking for would be a large square chip. Chips typically have a label of the brand on them, SCT Dialbo or which ever brand they would be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread