Christie's Auction Ford GT $$$$$!!!!!!

Paul Vincent

Established Member
This from Autoweek: If you’re saving up for a Ford GT at the expected $130,000 list price, don’t hold your breath. While a Christie’s auction at Pebble Beach may skew values a bit, the first customer-purchased two-seat Ford GT sports car drew a top bid of $557,500 for a car initially expected to attract a top bid of no more than $180,000. Production of some 1500 annual units gets under way later this year.

SVT4ME

Established Member
This is reality. Dealers, the worest people on the planet will be marking up every car. I've heard around 140K for the gt40 but with only 1500 coming out there won't be enough out there to cover the demand. High demand+low production=higher cost. Look at the 03 Cobra's when they first came out.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I agree with what you say, but I also am glad that the GT brought such a good price at the auction. At least this seems to say, "The Ford GT is a car I must have!" That really beats the stuffing out of the GT selling at auction for $180,000 as was expected by many. And as I cannot begin to afford a $100,000 car, I really won't be upset if a premium is added.

SVT4ME

Established Member
You and me both. Another dream car I can't afford. I do hope they get one in vegas to see.

Users who are viewing this thread