chrome bolt kit?

whi tri

Established Member
I am trying to find if by any chance someone makes a chrome bolt kit for cobras. I have had all my timing chain cover, coil covers, pulley cage, and tentioners painted dsg along with chrome valve covers and was looking to find if anyone made a chrome bolt kit. But it looks like I might have to buy from ford all the bolts that I need and just send them out to be chromed. Has anyone ever looked and found anything?

black 10th vert

Established Member
For most bolts that are not structure related, you can just get replacements in stainless, and polish them. I do just about every bolt/screw on my car that way, unless it is for something suspension related, where you really need grade 8, or equivalent fasteners. I hate rust, so any fasteners that are not polished stainless, I sandblast, prime, and paint gloss black. Nobody, to my knowledge, offers a complete bolt "package", though, like they do for 302's, SBC's, etc.

whi tri

Established Member
where would I find the stainless replacement? Or do I really have to take them out to figure out what size that they are to compare and find them.That sounds like a PITA.

black 10th vert

Established Member
where would I find the stainless replacement? Or do I really have to take them out to figure out what size that they are to compare and find them.That sounds like a PITA.

It is a pain, but that is the way that I have always done it. I don't know of any way to cross reference the Ford part numbers to off the shelf hardware, but I can tell you that they are all metric. Usually places like Ace hardware stocks stainless hardware in metric sizes, at least I have had good luck finding most of them there.

wudy

Established Member
For most bolts that are not structure related, you can just get replacements in stainless, and polish them. I do just about every bolt/screw on my car that way, unless it is for something suspension related, where you really need grade 8, or equivalent fasteners. I hate rust, so any fasteners that are not polished stainless, I sandblast, prime, and paint gloss black. Nobody, to my knowledge, offers a complete bolt "package", though, like they do for 302's, SBC's, etc.

Thats a terrific idea. Any picks of your hard work?

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I have nevery seen anything like that for 4v Modular motor. I am not saying it's not out there but in 10 years of surfing the internet I have never run across any.

Users who are viewing this thread