Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wicca/Backyard Beheadings

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Well I was wondering how many on SVTP go to Church on/for Christmas, how many go weekly and how many dont go.

So Vote and comment if you so see fit.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Baptized and raised a Roman Catholic. But once I came to Vegas from WI I have not attended Church. Out here most are put up in shopping malls and seem "really" cultish.

But I went every Sunday, Wednesday, Holiday and all Holy days when I was growing up. I'm sure I could hold mass, I know the routine so well....LOL....

VPF

bam

Established Member
^Same as above. For the first 18 years of my life, I went every Sunday, holiday, and Holy Day of Obligation. The fact that it's so repetitive is probably the main reason I don't go as often anymore. I feel like a bad catholic, but honestly, I don't get much out of it anymore.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I used to be a regular attender but my pastor dissapointed me with his lack of time for us when my grandfather was sick so I hadn't been going as much. Went today for probably the third time this year.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
go to church on saturday. seventh day adventist here. the reason why on saturday because its the sabbath. 4th commandment of the 10 and the most neglected by many christians.

"This is another commandment that is violated by almost every Christian denomination. God gave a permanent command that the people rest every Saturday. There are numerous biblical passages to confirm this. Constantine, a Pagan Roman sun-worshiper, moved the day of rest to Sunday. The Christian church, at its Council of Laodicea circa 364 CE, ordered that religious observances be moved from Saturday to Sunday. The Seventh Day Adventists are the only major North American Christian denomination to continue to follow the 4th commandment."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sabbath.htm

Last edited:

fa110ut

Established Member
i dont go, (my opinion) but i would rather not waste my time for something useless

+1.

I'm an atheist. I have my reasons.

But, some background:

My parents moved to Buffalo, NY from Switzerland a few months before I was born for a job my dad was offered state-side. I can't remember how old I was at the time, but according to my mom I was flown back to Switzerland to be baptized.

However, in the states, my family didn't attend a single church sermon. Not sure why

On an off note, wouldn't backyard beheadings be fun!? :rockon:

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
I don't go as I have found organized religion and politics to be the two largest dens of hypocrisy in the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread