Cicle D Converters

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys just installed a Circle D 3800 stall torque convereter today. Install went pretty well. Just wondering who has had the best luck with what tuners with the Circle D converters? The car runs well but would like to get the shift points adjusted a bit at part throttle and WOT. This converter was a great upgrade and I give Chris at Circle D a big thumbs up for the stall he picked for my combo. So far my best is a 12.37 @ 115 with Boss Intake, JLT CAI, 4:10's, and Steeda Suspension. Now I have just added ARH 1 7/8 longtubes and the Circle D converter. Hoping to get my 11 second time slip!

Last edited:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Hey guys just installed a Circle D 3800 stall torque convereter today. Install went pretty well. Just wondering who has had the best luck with what tuners with the Circle D converters? The car runs well but would like to get the shift points adjusted a bit at part throttle and WOT. This converter was a great upgrade and I give Chris at Circle D a big thumbs up for the stall he picked for my combo. So far my best is a 12.37 @ 115 with Boss Intake, JLT CAI, 4:10's, and Steeda Suspension. Now I have just added ARH 1 7/8 longtubes and the Circle D converter. Hoping to get my 11 second time slip!

Seems a bit high on the ET, I've been 12.5 with my 6MT with 3.73's and springs, intake, boss and tune, at full weight and my 270lb butt in the drivers seat.

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have run Evo/Lund tune in my Auto since last Dec. Car shifts great and throttle resp. is spot on. I ran 11.57 and 11.58 on back to back passes with Evo/ Lund tune, 3.73's, Dr's and 36-3800 stall circle D converter. Track prep wasnt to good that day and wasnt able to foot brake car above 2000 with out cooking the tires. The converter is going to cut your 60' times alot.

Last edited:

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
I'm not saying you didn't run those numbers, I'm just thinking they should have been a little better.

I agree 100 percent with you. We could say the same about your #'s too. The number is what it is. A lot depends on track conditions, driver, etc. With a 2.0 and 2.1 60ft thats the best I could get. After getting a general consensus of other cars, I figured that was about the norm. If you have any constructive criticism, Im all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread