Citation Inquiry

NemeCes

Established Member
Hey guys, don't want to bore you with too much nonsense so I'll make this short. I recently bought a 2011 Stang and I got pulled over the first time I decided to see what she was made of from a dig.

Either way, the officer wrote me up for exhibition of speed [23109 (c) vc] and circled infraction. I got a notice of correction in the mail changing the court to one closer to my house (as well as closer to where I got pulled over) as well as the infraction to a misdemeanor. I'm assuming he just made a mistake in circling 'I' instead of 'M' as exhibition of speed is a misdemeanor. Just wondering if that's the case.

Learned my lesson pretty quickly. Will be taking her to Willow Springs on Saturday for some runs and will keep it that way from now on.

Thanks for any provided insight.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The reason you got a notice of correction because he likely circled infraction rather than misdemeanor and for the court location.

Now that it is a criminal charge you should seek out a qualified criminal attorney.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
The reason you got a notice of correction because he likely circled infraction rather than misdemeanor and for the court location.

Now that it is a criminal charge you should seek out a qualified criminal attorney.

This.

OP, did you just row a couple of gears or did you stretch your run out a bit? Just cuurious

NemeCes

Established Member
This.

OP, did you just row a couple of gears or did you stretch your run out a bit? Just cuurious

Thanks for the responses guys. That is the exact clarification that I was seeking.

Couple of gears. Ticket states 40 in a 25. I am really hoping that I just end up with a fine as I am really not looking forward to possible jail time. I'm going to start researching for an attorney.

Lesson definately learned. Such a nerve-wracking mess for just a few seconds of stupidity.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. That is the exact clarification that I was seeking.

Couple of gears. Ticket states 40 in a 25. I am really hoping that I just end up with a fine as I am really not looking forward to possible jail time. I'm going to start researching for an attorney.

Lesson definately learned. Such a nerve-wracking mess for just a few seconds of stupidity.

If you have an attorney and limited run ins with the law you have a possibility of a reduction of charges at least.

Good luck man. Remember to dress accordingly in court and be respectful.

NemeCes

Established Member
Thanks for that. I'll definately dress and act accordingly. Any reduction would be great. The only infraction I have received besides this one is a fix it ticket for no front plate on my bmw.

Well I need to schedule a court date and will post how it goes after the big day.

Again, thanks for the responses. Glad you guys are so willing to offer help and advice.

Cesar

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
It's been said before, but I will re-itterate it. How you present yourself in court appearance wise and how you express yourself to the judge DOES go a long way toward them deciding not only how they rule on the case, but the punishment they dish out. I just had 2 motorcycles in court recently for 125 in a 70 zone riding together. One got double the punishment than the other simply for these two reasons alone.

NemeCes

Established Member
It's been said before, but I will re-itterate it. How you present yourself in court appearance wise and how you express yourself to the judge DOES go a long way toward them deciding not only how they rule on the case, but the punishment they dish out. I just had 2 motorcycles in court recently for 125 in a 70 zone riding together. One got double the punishment than the other simply for these two reasons alone.

Thank you, sir. Point well taken.

Users who are viewing this thread