Cited for Reckless driving among other things.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Okay, so I know a lot of people come in here and claim innocence, but I shit you not, this is exactly how this happened. :(

I went out to get some food and decided to take the Cobra out because I need to run the fuel out of the tank before I drop the tank. I left my home and started driving to get some food, I live near a school and there was a shitload of kids out, so I was driving 20 in the 25 school zone, I even moved over into the lane furthest away from the kids in case one of them fell or did some stupid shit. Continued on past a Fire/Police station combo doing the same speed as the cars in front and behind me 30 in a 30. Turned onto the main street and noticed a Citation Officer behind me, accelerated to 45 and put it on cruise control since she seemed to be mirroring my lane changes. Meanwhile other cars are pulling away from me like they house is on fire. This went on for about 3 miles until I got to my destination, when I turn in, a cruiser come rolling up behind me and flashes his lights. He says that they got a call that a Red car was traveling at a high rate of speed and peeling out. And I hear the citation officer saying that she heard my car going vrrrrrmmmmmm --- vrrrrmmmmm..... My car is currently limited to 4k rpm and cannot even go past half throttle without falling on it's face due to a fuel pump dying.

So anyways, she says she did not see me going fast, only head a car going vrrrrooommm. Which never even happened in the first place, I was literally doing at or less than the speed limit the entire time. No hard acceleration or anything. What the hell am I supposed to do about this? How do I fight this very serious - bullshit citation?

On top of that, I got cited for having too dark tail lights and tint that is too dark. Cool, not going to bitch about that, because I knew it was coming eventually. That is my own fault.

I literally feel sick to my stomach right now because this has serious implications for my driving record, job ect ect... And I did nothing wrong.

What do?

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
So the officer that cited you for reckless driving claims that she never SAW you driving in a reckless manner, but rather claims to have heard a car revving and stopped you based on a complaint of a red car speeding and peeling out?

This may sound stupid to you, but hire a lawyer.

/thread.

31BCobra

Established Member
So the officer that cited you for reckless driving claims that she never SAW you driving in a reckless manner, but rather claims to have heard a car revving and stopped you based on a complaint of a red car speeding and peeling out?

This may sound stupid to you, but hire a lawyer.

/thread.

Yea pretty much like that.

Citation Officer A (They only work part time? Don't carry weapons, drive cars that don't have blue/red lights) Said she heard a car and I guess decided to follow me.
Officer B pulled me over and cited me based off Officer A hearing a vrrrrrmmmm and following me doing the speed limit + a call that said a red car like mine was driving recklessly.

It does not sound stupid to me at all. I had a feeling I was going to have to pay a shitload of money out of pocket to get a bullshit charge dismissed. It is what keeps the gears of the system turning.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Hiring a lawyer sounds like a great way to waste money fighting a ticket you should not have received. I reserve that advice for people who actually did something wrong. I would save the money and plead not guilty but remove the tint and tinted tails. Drive the car to the hearing. Get her to say that she did not see you do what you were charged for and the problem should take care of itself. As for the rest, you can say it was removed and you brought the car with you. If it doesn't go the way you want it to file an appeal and then waste money on a lawyer.

31BCobra

Established Member
I would love to believe that I could go there and get her to admit she never seen me do anything, but somehow I feel that she would just say she seen me do it.

Another thing that was shady about this is they ticketed me for the tint on the front side windows, but they were down the entire time. I never drive with my windows up, regardless of how hot or cold it is. And I know for a fact that they are legal....

Anyways, I have some time to think about what course I want to take, gonna call some lawyers just to see how much it would even cost.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rios302

Established Member
It seems like that citation officer saw you getting a bit out of hand so he follow you until an actual officer arrived to pull you over and give you a ticket. I am not saying that's what happen but I am trying to read between the lines. Even then you can still fight the ticket claiming that you never broke the speed limit or were driving recklessly. If anything you can tell them that your car is loud do to a modified exhaust which you have already removed prior to your court date same for the tailights. Also your speed was never recorded, the officer was not there so it's your word against the guy that pointed the finger who I am not sure what kind of officer he is. Good luck.

305oh

Established Member
That's iffy, if she did not see you commit a violation then there is really nothing else to do than plea not guilty.
She can always amend the citation to careless or something a little less aggravating. But like I said, if she did not see you speed/improperly change lanes/follow to closely then you may have a chance. You can always ask how your speed was calculated, radar, laser or pace?

About the tint, there are specific tint requirements. The lower the percentage the darker it is. Tint on your windows and on the tail lamps is a non-mover so it won't affect your record with points or increase your insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread