Clay bars...any place to buy in bulk?

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I'm about to buy a clay bar, but wanted to see if there is any place where they sale them in bulk or in a group instead of buying one or a kit with quick detailer? Thanks.

duzzi

love my Mystic
Established Member
clay bar

Bought a chunk of clay at Walmart in the craft depart. I got yellow so I could see the dirt from the car. Clay is clay, it worked fine for me.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
As all the other people have posted there are many places to buy it from. 1lb of clay would last someone who is using it for personal supply well over a year. But make sure you get the right grade...which is leading into my comment on the quote below.

Bought a chunk of clay at Walmart in the craft depart. I got yellow so I could see the dirt from the car. Clay is clay, it worked fine for me.

Very very veyr very very very... very wrong. Clay is not just clay. I have some clay that is strong enough to lightly level clear and haze the paint, requiring polishing afterwards to remove. This being only used on severe overspray and 10 year old vehicles that have never been washed. There are many grades of clay out there based around what you are doing and how bad your paint is. Generally Heavy, Medium and Light. Medium being able to remove most stubborn paint contaimination. Light being what most people use on a well kept vehicle once, maybe twice a year.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

I am not sure if you are looking to buy a couple? Or just the clay without the detailer spray? Either way check them out.

Actually, just looking to buy the clay without the detailer spray. Chemical Guys is about 5 minutes away from my house. I'll probably go take a look at their warehouse. I also didn't know there was differences in clay, glad that was explained. Thanks a lot guys. :beer:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
As all the other people have posted there are many places to buy it from. 1lb of clay would last someone who is using it for personal supply well over a year. But make sure you get the right grade...which is leading into my comment on the quote below.

Very very veyr very very very... very wrong. Clay is not just clay. I have some clay that is strong enough to lightly level clear and haze the paint, requiring polishing afterwards to remove. This being only used on severe overspray and 10 year old vehicles that have never been washed. There are many grades of clay out there based around what you are doing and how bad your paint is. Generally Heavy, Medium and Light. Medium being able to remove most stubborn paint contaimination. Light being what most people use on a well kept vehicle once, maybe twice a year.

Thanks for clearing about the differences between clay bars. Glad to know that. I wasn't aware of the different strengths.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So what strength is packaged in the Mothers and other name brand kits? Medium?
Who has a link for a good clay for a car that doesn't have a whole lot of paint problems, just some light oxidation and roughness? I agree with other I don't want a detailer kit with the clay

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
So what strength is packaged in the Mothers and other name brand kits? Medium?
Who has a link for a good clay for a car that doesn't have a whole lot of paint problems, just some light oxidation and roughness? I agree with other I don't want a detailer kit with the clay

Most of the otc brand clays that you find in automotive stores is a light clay. Not the strongest of grades but good enough for someone who has never clayed and just the slightest difference is noticeable.

A good light grade for a well.kept vehicle I would recommend Pinnacle Ultra Poly Light Clay.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Most of the otc brand clays that you find in automotive stores is a light clay. Not the strongest of grades but good enough for someone who has never clayed and just the slightest difference is noticeable.

A good light grade for a well.kept vehicle I would recommend Pinnacle Ultra Poly Light Clay.

What would be a good clay for a car that hasn't been clayed for over 2 years, or maybe not ever?

flamed03vert

Established Member
What would be a good clay for a car that hasn't been clayed for over 2 years, or maybe not ever?

Same as above... always start light before jumping into something more aggressive. Personal favorite is the Clay Magic Blue clay. Detailed Image sells the same stuff in a large bar for less that the whole kit at a parts store chain. I use optimum no rinse as a clay lube, no need for the little bottle or qd spray.

Users who are viewing this thread