Clean Converable top?

rickymh

Established Member
whats the best stuff to clean the converable top?

I never put anything on it and its starting to fade :(

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
303 high tech fabric guard, 303 fabric guard
once a year is a must for sure, i use the car wash soap to clean it, then let it completely dry, and use two bottles of the fabricguard, get off windows immediately after you spray down top. after it dries on window its difficult to remove.
if you cant find it at auto parts, look in marine store, boaters use it

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
ragg topp as well but its probably far to late for you as you neglected it to long :( but you can give it a try. Replacment tops are not very expensive overall so you an pick up one. Did the 99 and 01 cobras come with cloth tops?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Ragg top is the only thing I'd recomend you use

however, since your top is already faded as mentioned it's too late unless you dye it or something.

Taz

Established Member
ragg topp as well but its probably far to late for you as you neglected it to long :( but you can give it a try. Replacment tops are not very expensive overall so you an pick up one. Did the 99 and 01 cobras come with cloth tops?

No. Factory '99 & '01 convertible tops are coated with vinyl. Not as spiffy looking as the Terminator ragtops, but very durable. Mine is going on 8 years and is still perfect. Of course, I clean and treat it regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread