Cleaned my engine like told here and had to take the car to the repair shop

NXGHOST

Established Member
Even if water got into the plug holes it will not get past the seal and into the cylinders or plug element. Did you blow the engine off after with either compressed air? If not and the vehicle does start does it just run rough? if so just drive it until the water burns away. You need to give more details.

1. What year Mustang?
2. Did it start?
3. Is it just running rough?
4. Was the repair shop laughing at you? LOL

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Did you stand there and douse it with the hose? When I do it I make sure to use as much water as needed but less as possible. As stated befor water shouldn't have gotten in the plug holes. Next time cover up the coil packs if thats what got wet, what did the shop say???

DisposableHero

Established Member
2000 mustang gt

and yeah i drove it for like 2 days and it still didnt wear off.. the shop said there was water in all the coils...

i didnt blow it off with any air.. just left it over night and drove it the next day

Juiced-03

Established Member
WOMACK03 said:
I have washed mine many times with no problems...

Same here.

Cobras have the benefit of the coils being covered. I always use a blower to dry the engine though. It does a great job.

mean04

04 Terminator Poster
Established Member
I put engine cleaner where needed, let it sit for five minutes, then MIST with water. (I cover the K&N air filter with a plastic bag - just don't forget to take the bag off. It runs like crap if you don't :p ).
Then I start the car up and let it run to dry the engine. Then wipe off the spots and put engine dressing on. After that drys wipe off the excess.
I put mine (both my Cobra and formerly an '02 GT) in lots of shows and I wash it that way all the time.

BLOWNGT03

Established Member
I used to work at a self- service car wash and 1 time a week for the past 2 years I have pressure washed my engine with no problems at all... I have never covered anything up either?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I have never covered up anything either. I dont spray directly on any critical part though. I have never had any trouble. On my Ranger it through a code for ABS but that was just water getting into the a plug.

Users who are viewing this thread