Cleaning Coolant Crossover to Heads Area?

97RioRed4V

Established Member
I finished cleaning the IMRC and installed the lower intake. Now I am looking at cleaning the two holes where the coolant crossover with orings enter. There is a lot of caked in gunk. This explains why I had such a hard time removing the pipe. I tried brake cleaner and sea foam which I rubbed on with a rag with no luck. Any other solvents can I use to clean this stuff off???? Thanks!

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Thanks. What about cleaning it with a Scott Brite pad?
Probably wouldn't hurt. You'll want new O-rings. Also, if you have a one wire temp gauge sender, make sure you have a good electrical grounds on both sides between the crossover tube and the engine.

97RioRed4V

Established Member
I have new o-rings. I have also have two temp sensors. I am basically switching to a supercharger coolant crossover pipe (offset for clearance).

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I think I would probably start with something simple like a scotchbrite pad, myself...

And Peoria, huh? Welcome, neighbor! (well, sort of :p) Bloomington/Normal resident here... maybe I'll see you around sometime. I'm through Peoria often (passing through on the way to my folks' place and my fiance's family is from Washington).

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I have new o-rings. I have also have two temp sensors. I am basically switching to a supercharger coolant crossover pipe (offset for clearance).
Regardless, you need a good electrical ground if your car has a one-wire temp gauge sender.

Sounds like you will have some fun with this car...

97RioRed4V

Established Member
Yes Tabres we are technically neighbors when considering the large group we have here. You had your car tuned by Krugan, they moved right?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yes Tabres we are technically neighbors when considering the large group we have here. You had your car tuned by Krugan, they moved right?

Yep. Down to Georgia, forget where exactly. I had it tuned by him on one of his trips back to the area. He was working out of Dean's Performance in St. Charles. It was worth the trip. He and Hans are good dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread