cleaning headlights

buddha93

Established Member
Yellowing? A lot of guys use Autosol, or other mild abrasives to remove the yellowed plastic and then polish them up afterwards.

I've had really good luck with the Novus products. It works great on the IP cluster lens. I removed mild scatches and stains with this stuff and put it back to looking like new. It really depends on the condition of the headlights and how far gone they are.

VR93SVT

Established Member
wetsand with 1500 then 2000 and use clear plastic wax or polish they will look brand new.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I used Mother's wheel polish. I spent about half an hour polishing while I watched tv and they look nearly new.

These lights are a real bitch to take out. Does anyone have any tips?

93snake93

Established Member
Toothpaste has a polishing compound in it, that's why it works in my opinon it is better for small glass nicks. Best bet is to wet sand as mention above and use some DA powered buffer with a ardex product to clean the plastic.

svt2205

Established Member
Get in touch with Jim at PPI and buy a new set of OEM's. I replaced all 6 front light assemblies last year and the car looks so much better.

J-Cobra

Blown and Lovin' It!!!
Established Member
VR93SVT said:
wetsand with 1500 then 2000 and use clear plastic wax or polish they will look brand new.

+1...........

When I bought the 99 Cobra, they were as bad as I have seen on any other mustang.

I wetsanded with 2000 and buffed the hell out of them with 3M polishing compound.

They don't look brand new, but they do look DAMN GOOD.

Saved me a couple hundred bucks that I could use else where..MODS!!!!!!:rockon:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Get in touch with Jim at PPI and buy a new set of OEM's. I replaced all 6 front light assemblies last year and the car looks so much better.

+1 - I did the wet sand trick on my old set but NOTHING compares to a new set :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread