Cleaning my front seats!

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
I notice that my front seats are real dirty and i have tried upholstery cleaner, and vacuuming them but it doesn't make them better! What can I do to clean them and make them look new again!

Thanks in advance!!

ucntseemeee

2003 SVT Focus
Established Member
you know what ive found that works best for me is a pan of warm water, "Spray and Wash" laundry cleaner stuff, a medium bristled nylon brush like for cleaning pots and pans or something, and a microfiber cloth.

1. wet the cloth real good and ring it out so its not like dripping water, then start rubbing the cloth on your seat generously wetting the fabric. then spray on your "Spray and Wash" and let it soak in for about 3 minutes.

2. wet your cloth again real good and ring it out a little less this time and rub you seats vigorously.

3. then dip your brush in the warm water pan, shake out the excess and start scrubbing. do this for a good 3-5 minutes. I use circular motions back and forth then side to side like 2 or 3 times each direction. Let it set for a minute, and repeat with the brush and warm water.

4. take your rag again and get it wet, but not dripping wet and start rubbing off the suds. do this until you barely see any soapy stuff. you may have to change your water once or twice.

5. then take your shop vac(remember to remove your filter) and start sucking the water out of your seat.

If you do it right you should have some nice clean fabrics. Worked for me. To aide in the drying process, once you have most of the moisture out of your seat, turn the seat warmer on and keep vaccuming.

Hope it helps ya get them seats fresh and clean

**Poster not held responsible for tearing, discoloration, or malfunctions of any electrical devices or any other thing that could possibly go wrong with your car!**

Another thing is, if they are like totally toasted and this doesnt work. Go get you an apolstery tinting kit, you'll basically be redying your fabric. ive done this before and its not too complicated but you have to take your time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread