Cleaning the Cobra!

03blownvenom

Established Member
I know this is a stupid thread but what the heck... I was wondering what suggestions everyone has regarding car wash soap. I used to own a 98 Chrome Yellow Vert and wasn't really worried about swirl marks cause you couldn't see them. Now that I have a Torch Red 03, swirl marks would be bad news.

CONGRATS to all who have received their '03's, just can't get enough of driving the beast!

donaisenbrey

Established Member
I was wondering what suggestions everyone has regarding car wash soap.
Whatever the my local car wash uses.

I'm sure this is not the answer you were looking for but....this is what I use. ............Don

Evilcartman

Established Member
I use Meguires Gold Glass soap. I know it doesn't remove the wax and seems to work well. Then I use the "Absorber" to dry it, and that is bad a$$. There may be better stuff, but I have had good luck with this stuff. I think that Edz would be the one to talk to. He seems to know his stuff and I think I will try his product.

Black Cobra

Established Member
As the owner of a Black car...Try not to let it get dirty. Keep it rinsed off and like evilcartman said use the "Absorber" to keep it dry whenever possible. I keep two "Absorbers" in the car so I can dry it off when I get to the parking garage on rainy days. A car cover to keep dust off helps too.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by edz
Zaino!!!!!

I'll 2nd that, soon as my order comes in it will be Z-7 only.

Right now I am using :uh oh: ZIPWAX carwash. I don't reccomend it, just leftover from the wifes Windstar cleaning supplies. Oh the shame...........

03blownvenom

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!! Gotta keep the cobra looking good.

Edz..
What steps should I use for starters since the paint is new and all?

LSs1Power

Established Member
Originally posted by Black Cobra
use the "Absorber" to keep it dry whenever possible. I keep two "Absorbers" in the car so I can dry it off when I get to the parking garage on rainy days.

This might sound a bit stupid, but whats an "Absorber" ?

Black Cobra

Established Member
http://www.julianos.com/absorber.html

Other links

Oh btw, Wal Mart has them for around $8.95

absorber.gif

Last edited:

03blownvenom

Established Member
Black Cobra..I'm like you, I have two of them and I keep washing them in the wash machine and they still work extremely well...

fafafoey

Established Member
Zaino Only! Clay Bar First then Z5 with the new quick dry stuff. I have 2 coats on and everyone that has seen it wants to know what I have on it!

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Hey fafafoey its kinda disapointing when someone says "yea yea the blowers cool and everyting, but how do you get it to shine like that".

Cat Breath

Established Member
Hey Edz, How do I find a Zaino distributor near me? I find it hard to believe that I have to print a hardcopy of an order form and mail it in. No 800# I can just place an order with? No online ordering? I called the Zaino number to ask for a distributor near me but nobody was home today. I just want to pay someone cash for the stuff or order it online. I must be lazy. Don't any of you distributors have an easy online ordering system set up? You'd make millions.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Zaino is the best I've ever used. For years, I was a Mequiars fan, but Zaino beats it hands down!

Dallas Mustangs sells it, but I can't find it online at their website.
Their number is 1-800-MUSTANG.

To get started, you'll need the clay bar, the car wash, Z-1 (polish lok), Z-5 (swirl/scratch remover), Z-2 (clearcoat polish) and the spray gloss enhancer. If you want the quickest results, get the accelerator.

This stuff goes on easy and comes off even easier. Just make sure it's completely dry before attempting to remove it. I put it on at night and leave it dry till morning.

Oh, and the tire gel is great too.

Tracy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread