Cleaning Underhood blackliner

Tango7

Established Member
The under hood liner that is black I want to clean it and paint the cobra lettering same color as the car what can I clean it with and can I use just paint from auto-zone.

thanks, james

mean04

04 Terminator Poster
Established Member
Hood Blanket

I'm doing the same thing right now. Have to be real careful taking it off - the liner tears real easy, especially around the holes.
I thought if I washed it with soap and water it would clean it. It didn't, though it took four days to dry.
I sprayed it with flat black heat resistant spray paint.
I started painting the letters with the same color as the car but am not having too good of luck. Using regular paint it doesn't go on smooth and soaks in a lot. Plus I'm not a good painter and get the edges too straight. Was going to try spray-painting with an air-brush but ran out of propellent. If you have a better idea let me know.

Anyway, after the painting I'm told spray Scotchguard on it to keep water from soaking in.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
I thought about doing this as well, but my liner was in crappy shape... so I just took it off :) I'm going to get the underside of my hood prepped and painted one of these days. :)

qwikhuh

Established Member
Snarf said:
I thought about doing this as well, but my liner was in crappy shape... so I just took it off :) I'm going to get the underside of my hood prepped and painted one of these days. :)

Thats what I did. Sprayed it black with clearcoat and a chrome Cobra decal. Looks great IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread