Clear bra

Jhernandez93

Established Member
Has anyone had any luck with installing a clear bra on a new 2015? If you have what did you end up paying for the job?

I've had two local companies quote me anywhere from 850-2300!! That seems way too much.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Clear bras can be all over the map when it comes to pricing and quality. I've seen bad jobs take the paint off of a car, which was quite expensive since it was a McLaren. We're supposed to be getting one installed on our 2015 Mustang GT.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had one installed on Friday, my 4th clear bra on my mustangs. Paid $650 and it's perfect, covers the front clip past the vent holes on the hood. Not sure of the brand, you can message Rob at Sunstoppers on FB. I'd recommend washing your car with palmolive, then clay bar'ing, then waxing twice, followed by another hand wash/dry.

KonaFifty

Established Member
$550 for partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, heat extractors, and side mirrors. most of the "specialty" shops charge a lot more than shops that do all sorts of other stuff. the specialty shop in my area charges $850-1k for the clear bra, but i got it done for $550 at this other shop. the specialty shop will take their time to make sure everything is perfect though (most of them, not saying all are like this). the other shop will make sure it is good...try searching for tint shops and not just clear bra shops. that is how i found the cheaper price.

MtnBiker

Established Member
Just had the 3M Scotchguard Pro installed. Full front, about 20" on hood, rear view mirrors, rocker panels and inside the door pulls. Nice job - nearly invisible. On the high side of KonaFifty's estimate. But I've already gotten pelted by road construction gravel and the product works.

gqneon

Established Member
SunTek PPF

I had the front bumper, headlights, fog lights, entire front fenders wrapped, entire hood wrapped, a-pillars and 8" of the leading edge of the roof, the side mirrors, the door handle cups, door edges and trunk tray area done on my 2015 after checking quite a few shops. I paid with tax about $1400 and watched most of the install. You can pay a fortune or a decent price and either way get a great product or a crappy product is what I've found. I did my homework and am not disappointed.

What I learned - I handled all three of the "big top products" 3M, Excel Ultimate, and SunTek PPF. SunTek was, for me, the best middle of the road setup. It's self- healing and the adhesive is considerably less aggressive than 3M and Excel. 3M and Excel are good, but they tend to tear when they encounter more substantial debris or impacts, and the glue they use is very difficult to work with. It's also much harder to remove when the time comes or if you want to go matte, or have a damaged panel, etc. The SunTek applied well and cured out well, and I've been very happy with it.

I'll be wrapping the rest of the car very soon. It sheds water nicely and looks like 5 extra coats of clear coat went on where the PPF is.

I hope this helps - I pored over information and talked to a half dozen shops before deciding and I think I made a great choice after seeing the finished product.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread