Clear Coat question correcting a small blemish

fearthesnake

Established Member
@NastyGT500 - question for you or any other experts.

I had ceramic coating protection added to my 21 GT500 a couple months ago. The shop that did the paint correction/ceramic coating is a little over an hour away each way from me.

I had some work done to the car and when the person shut the hood, got some finger prints (dirty hands) beside the hood pin when shutting the hood. I washed the car and noticed it's scratched there now at that spot.

So can I use a little cleaner wax to buff out that spot to remove the marks? I'm not sure how to treat detail touch ups over a Ceramic coat. I've always done my own work on cars until this one(black car) and have all the materials/waxes/polish etc. on hand.

Just trying to avoid having to drive a 2 hour trip for such a small touch up.
Thanks in advance.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
You will need to polish those scratches/swirls out. A cleaner wax will not remove them. Try a light polish by hand and see if that will remove them. In my experience, Ford paint is on the soft side so you may have good results.

Now, it will remove the coating from the area(s) that you polish, so be aware of that.

Hope this helps!

fearthesnake

Established Member
You will need to polish those scratches/swirls out. A cleaner wax will not remove them. Try a light polish by hand and see if that will remove them. In my experience, Ford paint is on the soft side so you may have good results.

Now, it will remove the coating from the area(s) that you polish, so be aware of that.

Hope this helps!
Awesome, I will try that. I have some Hydro Slick ceramic coating, should I put that over the area once I polish and get the scratches out?

Users who are viewing this thread