Clear Corner headlights

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I did a few searches and found a couple things from years ago. I was wondering if anyone has recently bought any of the crystal/black clear corner headlights from ebay. If so how was the fittment, did they leak and does anyone have a picture of them on a DSG Cobra.

These are the lights I'm referring too, I'm always so iffy on ebay parts but they seem to be the only one that has these lights.

I would buy OEM Ford ones and do the clear corners myself but ford lights are a PITA to bake apart.

99 04 Ford Mustang Black Crystal Head Lights Bumper Fog Lamp Kit Left Right Pair | eBay

Last edited:

ajt9229

Established Member
Is it me or did the prices on these go up? I thought I even seen the smoked ones go from $85 to $200+? I had some saved on my ebay and when they relisted them everything went up on two different ones I was looking at. I bought the smoked ones with the amber corner

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Well there's different sellers I've seen the ones I want range from 85 shipped to 385.00 yet all look the same lol.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Mine are from EBay. I got them 3-4 years ago. They fit good. 1 side is better than the other. One side is tight to the fender, the other has like 1/8" gap. It annoys me but most ppl won't notice. For half price, I dwal with it.

04 TERMINATOR

Established Member
About 4-5 months ago I got some off Ebay. So far they have been great! I did silicone all the seals in the back to prevent any moisture, which so far none at all. Fitment was pretty good for being $90 Ebay headlights. Also running HIDs in them and so far no burnt up insides.

04 TERMINATOR

Established Member
Oh and don't buy the ones that go for $300. They are the same as the ones for $100, seller just jacks the prices up to make a buck.

boost21

boooooost
Established Member
I bought a set for ~$80 last month to replace my dark smoke lights. Perfect fitment just wish the black was gloss and not flat. Might open them up and paint them to match the OEM black.

cj428mach

Established Member
I didn't get clear ones, I just got reproduction lights off ebay approx. $80-90 bucks. The 3 main issues I had were.
1. The trim around the outside of the light was more of a rubber weather stripping than a hard plastic like the OEM.
2. The adjusters suck and really don't work.
3. The light out put on one of the lights was all scattered and generally sucked. The other was normal.

My suggestion is I would check places like American Muscle or another good vendor and see if they sell them. That way if you have issues with the quality on them you can return them. I wished I had spent the extra few bucks to buy from AM so I could have had their great customer service if I needed it.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Well I got my set in, passenger side fits PERFECT, driver side has a pretty big gap, contacted the company and just got the replacement set in today and driver side has the same issue with this replacement set.

Anyone elses fit poorly on the driver side?

uzaLKHC.jpg

9ZDDK5y.jpg

They look awesome just wish the driver fit better
FYh4XWA.jpg

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Well I got my set in, passenger side fits PERFECT, driver side has a pretty big gap, contacted the company and just got the replacement set in today and driver side has the same issue with this replacement set.

Anyone elses fit poorly on the driver side?

uzaLKHC.jpg

9ZDDK5y.jpg

They look awesome just wish the driver fit better
FYh4XWA.jpg

Those look great.:beer: I would consider a set of these if they fit like the factory lights.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I have ebay lights and my passenger side is good. The drivers side is tight on the fender, my fitment issue is by my bumper. There is a big enough gap between bottom of light I can fit my finger there. Passenger side not so much. But you wouldnt know if I didnt tell you so I deal

Joeysnk

Established Member
Did any of you guys do the oven thing that I have read about? Just wondering if it actually works or not

Joeysnk

Established Member
Sorry I read that some guys stick them in the oven to get them to form better. Not sure how that works tho

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
hmm I could see that working for the rubber, but the rubber is fine, it seems like the actual curvature of the plastic is what is off.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Im torn on what to do, they look perfect, and flow so well with my setup, but I'm a big fit an finish guy. might just have to buy some OEM ones :(

Users who are viewing this thread