Clearbra

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Where did you have the work completed? I also live in Kentucky. I'm still waiting for my car, but I do want to put a clear bra on after getting a rock chip on the hood...within a week of owning my 2011.

His name is Barry. Number: 859-586-9473 Great guy too!!

Marc

Established Member
Local guy here uses Visa Shield (3M). It has a 5 year warranty against fading, yellowing, etc...

He recommends going over the stripes, but can cut it the stripes if I insisted.

Wants $400 to do bumper, front hood, lower rocker panels on the sides of the car and the back of the mirrors.

Sound like a good deal?

VaporDude

Established Member
I am going to have them give their opinion when I take mine in. I trust these installers since I have known them for several years.

farmboy90

Established Member
If you have the black matte stripes, I would NOT put the clear bra over them. They will then be shiny and not match the rest of the stripes.

Bllit11

Established Member
Vapor where can you get this done at i've been thinking about it on mine. Is there a place in st.louis or in illinois

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I'm going over the white stripes on my DIB car when it arrives because I don't want a seam in the film anywhere on the hood- that's a great way to have your film start peeling up.

If the "clear-shield" you are referring to is the Sun-Tek product, that's good stuff. I've had it installed on other cars before and it is virtually invisible. Roger Penske owns SunTek now and had their newest film specially developed. Excellent quality- do not hesitate.

For whoever said they were getting their package installed for only $400- that's a steal. Most dealerships charge at least $800 for this and $600 is about the cheapest install I've heard of. Just make sure the guy knows what he's doing because a clear-bra installation is a semi-work of art. You definitely don't want a noob training on your Shelby!

farmboy90

Established Member
I'm going over the white stripes on my DIB car when it arrives because I don't want a seam in the film anywhere on the hood- that's a great way to have your film start peeling up.

If the "clear-shield" you are referring to is the Sun-Tek product, that's good stuff. I've had it installed on other cars before and it is virtually invisible. Roger Penske owns SunTek now and had their newest film specially developed. Excellent quality- do not hesitate.

For whoever said they were getting their package installed for only $400- that's a steal. Most dealerships charge at least $800 for this and $600 is about the cheapest install I've heard of. Just make sure the guy knows what he's doing because a clear-bra installation is a semi-work of art. You definitely don't want a noob training on your Shelby!

Me and another Gilbert based guy are getting XPel Ultimate for $550. You can join us if you want.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Thanks, but I'm going to use the installer I've worked with before on my other cars and have the new Sun-Tek film installed. I had it put on the entire bonnet of my 2013 Atom and you couldn't even tell it was there. Truly amazing stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread