Clearbra

Pointby

Established Member
Are there any clear bra pre cut kits out there for the 2013 gt 500 yet. Xpel, Venture shield, Avery Nano-Fusion? If you know of a source could you post below? Thanks.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Are there any clear bra pre cut kits out there for the 2013 gt 500 yet. Xpel, Venture shield, Avery Nano-Fusion? If you know of a source could you post below? Thanks.

XPEL is being put on my Shelby tomorrow AM. The installer said most of it was based on kits (Front end/ Rockers ect) and other pieces I want will be custom. I can get more info from him for you tomorrow when he arrives.

VaporDude

Established Member
Rocks won't peirce the color of the stripes and it helps to keep tiny scratches from forming when you wipe down the car.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
The area where my stripes will be covered he is using a matte Xpel so they dont get too glossy.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
My Xpel Ultimate was put on today. I'm not real happy with the XPEL on the stripes. The shade of black (after the matte xpel is put on) is different and it is noticable. I had the front part of the roof line done too and the stripe color difference stands out. I might have the XPEL taken off the stripes if I don't feel better about it here soon.

farmboy90

Established Member
My Xpel Ultimate was put on today. I'm not real happy with the XPEL on the stripes. The shade of black (after the matte xpel is put on) is different and it is noticable. I had the front part of the roof line done too and the stripe color difference stands out. I might have the XPEL taken off the stripes if I don't feel better about it here soon.

That's why my installer cuts around the stripes. It is super easy for them to just slice that part off. So I'd take it back and have them cut those sections off.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Just got off the phone with the installer. He is going to remove the XPEL from all of the stripes. DON'T put this stuff on black stripes, IMO.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Thanks for the info I am getting mine done next week and was planning on not doing the stripes and now it has been confirmed.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Alot of version out there...on my 2011 I have nano fusion. Over the stripes too. You can see it if you look for it sometimes easier than others but, that's more due to how the light hits it.

It's on in the pic below...can you see where it starts and ends?

JakeSpoon3

Established Member
Race Red 2013

Where did you have the work completed? I also live in Kentucky. I'm still waiting for my car, but I do want to put a clear bra on after getting a rock chip on the hood...within a week of owning my 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread