- clay bar with clay magic
- washed with nxt car wash
- dried with WW drying towel
-Clearkote Vanilla Moose
- Clearkote Carnuba

then the usual other stuff, cleaned and shined the motor
vacuumed and shined the interior
conditioned the leather with zaino z10

I did everything by hand it it took me forever, becuause it was about 35 degrees outside that day and I kept having to go back inside to warm up.

Let me know what you think

Pics

IMG_2587.gif

IMG_2581.gif

IMG_2598.gif

IMG_2585.gif

IMG_2583.gif

IMG_2584.gif

IMG_2625.gif

IMG_2617.gif

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
good job. but i think u should have bought a porter cable. It would have given better results. Did you use the ssr 2.5 ?

Why's that? He didnt do any swirl removing. The Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose work great by hand.

spree

Established Member
cnepace said:
Why's that? He didnt do any swirl removing. The Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose work great by hand.

what he said. VM and CMW work fine by hand. VM is a light polish anyways...you don't really gain that much by using the PC with it (besides ease of use and working it in a bit more). As for CMW, you're better off doing that by hand. You'll have better control and waste less product that way.

02SonicBlueGT

Established Member
yeah, I did it by hand plus being still in great shape I didn't really have any swirls to take out. I will admit.. it took me forever to do it all, but its worth it.
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think when I wash it again I'll put another coat of carnuba on to see if I it will shine even more. The guys over at autopia suggested it.. so we'll see what happens. As for the porter cable.. I might get one some time.. but I'd like to get some lessons first so I don't mess anything up.

Lt.FrankBullitt

Established Member
Clearkote

looking at your pics have me convinced that I have to try the clearkote and VM wax....the color "pops"....great job

02SonicBlueGT

Established Member
thanks for the compliments guys. I have monday off work so I think I'm going to add another layer of carnuba and see how she turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread