Clicking from front suspension/brakes

04gtwithfangs

Established Member
So I have had all my ball joints, inner and outer tie rods done. New brakes with slotted rotors. And the clicking noise started to happen just when I turned the wheel left or right pretty far. Progressively it has gotten worse now I hear it when I brake sometimes. It's hard because my car is pretty loud. Any thoughts what this noise is. It's driving me crazy and I didn't know if it was possible if it's from having slotted rotors and the more worn in they get the louder the noise. Any help is appreciated.

RayP93

Established Member
I have been having the same problem, my mechanic seems fairly sure its a ball joint but seeing as you just did them this leaves me wondering as well..

04gtwithfangs

Established Member
Ya i had the lower ball joints done and all that... im getting very annoyed with it.. makes my car seem like a pile of junk.,...

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
It may be your pads catching the rotors. Take your brake pads out and bevel the edges. I had the evenly paced clicking as I slowed after I put slotted rotors on my car (along with new pads). My mechanic told me to bevel the edges of the pads and after I did it the clicking went away.

Users who are viewing this thread