Clicking from Left Front

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Lately I've been hearing a click from the left front end of the car when I pull into a parking spot and stop with the wheels turned a bit. Has anyone else had this and found the source. So far I have not been able to isolate it.

Thanks

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Mine does the same thing. I had a friend listen as I pulled into a spot and he thinks its the brake pads moving slightly.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, just curious if anyone else has this noise. I checked the brakes and I've never touched the front brakes but everything seems tight.

Thanks

PDubs

Established Member
Are you talking about the front end creak? Can you sit there at idle and slowly (and I mean REAL slow) turn the wheel to the right or left and hear creaking noises? If so, you have it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by PDubs
Are you talking about the front end creak? Can you sit there at idle and slowly (and I mean REAL slow) turn the wheel to the right or left and hear creaking noises? If so, you have it.

steering rack bolts need retorqueing..it's a known issue

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Mine did this but retorquing the steering rack didn't solve my problem. They ended replacing & regreasing a dried out bushing.

PDubs

Established Member
I know what you mean, mine is in for the sixth time for this issue and retorquing didn't do crap for me. Yes, six (6) trips to two different dealers to try and resolve this. They have tried replacing all nuts/bolts/LCAs/bushings/etc....I still have the problem. I think they are going to relegate to welding now.

Users who are viewing this thread