Clicking noise?

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
Ever since I had my Dynatech Long Tube headers and mid pipes installed I hear this annoying valve train clicking noise. Is this normal? It sounds like an exhaust leak once I start to get going. So far I don't see any holes or leaks..... Please help.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
How long has this exhaust set-up been on your truck? Did it start making this sound immediately after the install? Or, did it take a week or two before you noticed the sound?

Might be time to get underneath and re-check the tightness of all the bolts.

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
nastynivek said:
How long has this exhaust set-up been on your truck? Did it start making this sound immediately after the install? Or, did it take a week or two before you noticed the sound?

Might be time to get underneath and re-check the tightness of all the bolts.
immediatly after install. I checked all connections and they didn't seem loose. It just has that exhaust leak sound when I hit the gas pedel when driving. You can't hear it when idling.

Last edited:

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Are you running brand new highflow cats? Brand new muffler?

Sorry I can't be of more help. LOL.
Naw it's fine.... I am running used High Flow cats and my used Bassani CAT BACK. All the exhaust components looked fairly new when they were installed. I did order the felt looking header gaskets from JDM for the Kooks LT Headers. They look about the same and fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread