Clicking noises constant... wtf.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Ok when I start the car up I hear shit click inside the engine real fast then it stops a few seconds after the car is turned on... ok, as soon as i hit about 1500 rpms it clicks... the farther down i press the throttle the faster the clicking gets.. what could it be? it doesnt go away no matter how cold or warm the car is. its been doing it for a few of months... ive been having exhast problems, leaks and all, but i get them fixed. anyway like i said the more i accelerate the faster the clicking gets. :shrug: help

Last edited:

Electric994V

Established Member
This is crazy, I was getting ready to post about my car doing the same thing. Mine just started on Monday. Does it sound like a fan when you hold a card to it? That's what mine sounds like... I did a search on here, and there are quite a few things in could be... Spun bearing sounds like the worst case...

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Electric994V said:
This is crazy, I was getting ready to post about my car doing the same thing. Mine just started on Monday. Does it sound like a fan when you hold a card to it? That's what mine sounds like... I did a search on here, and there are quite a few things in could be... Spun bearing sounds like the worst case...
thats exactly what it sounds like to me too man. wtf

Electric994V

Established Member
I can't seem to figure it out either, I'm going to take my car to a dealer on mon.
What part of alabama are you in?? BTW that was a nice ass video, I'm curious as to whether you have internal mods... What gears do you have?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Electric994V said:
I can't seem to figure it out either, I'm going to take my car to a dealer on mon.
What part of alabama are you in?? BTW that was a nice ass video, I'm curious as to whether you have internal mods... What gears do you have?
yeah dude let me know what they say. im around dothan, southeast alabama. thanks man, i have 4.30s

yours is coming form the front right? like in the engine?

Last edited:

Electric994V

Established Member
onicrom said:
yeah dude let me know what they say. im around dothan, southeast alabama. thanks man, i have 4.30s

yours is coming form the front right? like in the engine?

Mine is coming from the front right part of the engine, although a little closer to the middle. Damn those 4.30s pull hard as hell. How's your gas mileage? Ft. Rucker, sucks ass... I've spent many, many, many nights on that installation... We Marines love the elements, or so I learned :-D I'm in Birmingham.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Electric994V said:
Mine is coming from the front right part of the engine, although a little closer to the middle. Damn those 4.30s pull hard as hell. How's your gas mileage? Ft. Rucker, sucks ass... I've spent many, many, many nights on that installation... We Marines love the elements, or so I learned :-D I'm in Birmingham.
my gas mileage is great. :thumbsup: rucker is close to me. marine huh, that is badass man. thats some hardcore shit :rockon:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Electric994V said:
We would love to have some input from some more reputable posters... :shrug:

WTF is that supposed to mean. **** this thread enjoy the tick!!!

Electric994V

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
WTF is that supposed to mean. **** this thread enjoy the tick!!!

Yeah, well **** you too!!! First of all, I wasn't talking about you, unless you don't have a clue... This isn't what you want... :nono: If you have no input, shut the **** up...

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Serpentor said:
I think its "the tick" pretty common on the terminators. I think I have it too
well ive had it for months and no problems but sound so... oh well :)

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Serpentor said:
yeah I think mine's been like this ever since I've had my car.
lol yea mine has actually been that way since ive had it.. just a tad.. a tad more noticeable for the past 3 months so i thought id finally ask.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Funny thing about the tick is the 2000 Cobra Rs have the 'tick', those cars make all sorts of noises. The difference is there's not much their owners could do about it. Ford didnt make replacement 2000 R 5.4l heads, so they just ran with it and it hasnt caused them any trouble.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8063&highlight=ticking

My car has a ticking noise from the engine sometimes, it's hard to tell what it is. I know it's not the injector's. Honestly, I havent worried much about it, it doesnt do it all the time, just sometimes. My attitude has been that 32 valves and all the associated valvetrain components are going to make some noise. I check the oil often and run good oil/filters, other than that it's up to how well the two guys that assembled the motor felt that day.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
inzane001 said:
Check your tensioner pulley it might be a little loose causing the clicking noise.

+1.

You guys need to stop saying right or left side. That changes depending on the which direction you are facing.

Is the noise from the passenger or driver side? Get out of the car and rev the engine from the throttle body and listen. My first guess would it is a pulley (tensioner most likely). Spray a shot of wd40 around the bearings (DON'T GET IT ON THE BELT) and see if the noise reduces or goes away.

99/01 Cobras don't suffer from the tick like the terminators...unless their head was flawed from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread