Clip that goes on Rear Brake Pad, where can I buy a new one?

Black03WPB

Established Member
Changed my rear brake pads, and I noticed that the clips you put on the pad when you install the pads ( there are two of them, one on each side of the pad...for a total of 4 per brake caliper )

One of mine fell off, and I only had three. I didnt think it would make that much of a difference, but I was wrong. Driving down the road, my car vibrates violently and when I brake it makes a horrific noise like I have a flat tire or something... its coming from the wheel that is missing the little clip, so Im assuming thats it.

Where can I pick one up? What is it called, exactly? Im going to go to my ford dealer in hopes that they can help me out but who knows, they didnt even know what type of idler pulley I had when one of mine went bad!

Can ANYONE help me out?

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
Those clips are called brake pad 'slippers'.
They are there to stop vibration and hold the pad in better/tighter.
When I changed out my stock pads for Hawks, I had to reuse the stock slippers. Try calling up the dealership and seeing if they sell them separately.
It is weird that your car shakes so violently with just one clip/slipper missing. If Ford doesn't sell them separately, you may have to try getting them from another set of rear pads.
Hope that helps some.

mystifiedworm

Established Member
If the dealer does not have them, I bought a kit from Autozone. You might have to use a diferent year (96-04) but they sell a package kit for around $20.

Users who are viewing this thread