close encounter

GIDIEUP

Established Member
I'm just not having a very good month when it come to getting pulled over. My wife and I just spent some time today down in the Florida Keys. We were making our trip back up to the main land from Key West. There is probably about a 20 mile stretch in Key Largo before heading to Florida City (south of Miami). We were traveling, talking, and going with the flow of traffic when I spotted a black and tan SS Camero. It was a Florida State Highway Patrol. I looked down and I was doing 73 mph - keep in mind following traffic. I looked in my rear view mirror to see this Patrolman doing a u-turn in the middle of the road. By this time, I figured he was coming after me. He was flying! He blew past me and put his lights on and was pulling over the van that I was following. I had such a sigh of relief that my wife and I began to laugh our asses off. Next thing I knew, he pulled over the van and stopped right in front of me. He got out of his Camero and pointed at me and told me to pull over behind the van For those of you who have seen the beginning of "Super Troopers", that is exactly how I felt. I thought for sure I was going to get off the hook that I just started laughing.....Not funny now.

Long story short he took my license and the driver of the van license back to his Camero. He then told us to get out of our cars and walk back to his car. I told him that my wife and I were on vacation and that we were going with the flow of traffic not really paying attention to how fast we were going. He said I was doing 73 in a 55. He told me to be careful on our way home and let me off with a warning. I couldn't believe it!

Afterwards, I spoke with the officer about his car. He said, 'Yep, it gets them pulled over quickly' . I told him that I have a Cobra and that I could take him. He just chuckled and told me to be careful on my way home. You should of heard this Camero as he flew past me. That car was revving high and just cackled all the way down when he stopped in front of me. One bad ass Officer. The FHP have it rough, patroling down in they keys
For those of you who haven't been down to the Keys or Miami. If you are not going at least 15 MPH OVER the speed limit, you will get ran off the road. No Joke! We went the speed limit and within the first 5 minutes 8 cars passed us on a double yellow line. I guess the officer had more important things to look for like smuggling drugs :shrug:
Ryan:rockon:

Randall

Established Member
Just hate it when I finally notice one of these along the side of the road or cruising in the middle of traffic...

camaro228.jpg

Last edited:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by Randall
Just hate it when I finally notice one of these along the side of the road or cruising in the middle of traffic...

camaro228.jpg

Linky no worky! But I can relate to the Camaro picture ;)

Users who are viewing this thread