Close Race!

redfireconvrt

Established Member
OK, so I was on my way home when a camaro revved his engine up and waved going the opposite direction. Since I was pulling out of a gas station I decided to give it a little gas and did a nice fish tail out of the parking lot. He ended up turning around and catching up to me on some backroads and wanted to race. I have no idea what he had, but his exhaust was twice as loud as my Bassani and he had a gauge cluster on his A-pillar. I asked if he wanted to go from a roll or from a dead start and he said whatever I wanted so since we were already stopped we started from there. I said I would honk and that was a mistake since I don't do this often and I have a stick shift it was very hard to get a quick launch with one hand honking. Anyway, I had an AWFUL launch and took two cars right off the bat. I caught up to the middle of his door at about the end of 3rd gear and he let off. Pretty close and much better than I expected he would do! Anyway, my head is kinda hangin', but it was fun!

I also have a question about a 2003 M3. My brother just bought one and says it is so fast and that it shifts gears in .08 secs every time and that he could take me to 80. What do you guys think? How fast are they?

Cobrasm

Banned
good race with the camaro, sound slike you would have hawked him if you went through the QM. He was prolly full bolt ons or something of the sort.

And you will destroy an M3. At any speed.

StangJason

Established Member
redfireconvrt said:
I want to specify that HE took two cars right off the bat...not me :(
We you were reeling him in by 80, so it sounds as if you would have over taken him by the end of the 1/4 or am I missing something?

redfireconvrt

Established Member
Yeah, I was reeling him in a little, but not as fast as I would have liked to. I just wish I had a better launch. I am just waiting for the next race and hopefully I will shift better! Do you guys normally start a race from a dig with honking three times?

Fuxton

Established Member
My aunts got an 05 m3 w/ the SMG tranny. It does shift in .08 seconds. At least thats what i was told. And it sure feels like it. Its a quick car but you will be able to take it.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread