Clubbed a baby seal...BMW 135 vs GT500....

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I'm not quite sure what this guy was thinking. I saw him pull out on my way to work and noticed he had Kosei wheels on the car. I figured he would try to play with me but I never try to antagonize "lesser" cars. Sure enough, when we merge on to the highway he gets in the lane next to me and does a fly by. I didn't even get on the gas since I was only a mile out the door and was not up to temp yet. Traffic builds up after that and typically doesn't open up untill the road expands into 3 lanes with turing lanes, but that doesn't stop him from weaving in and out of traffic. I change lanes and just use the gaps in traffic to get back behind him, and put it in third since we are approaching the road expansion.
After the next intersection, the road opens up so I move to get next to him. He of course hits the gas so I get to play catch-up. I'm in 3rd at about 3000-3500 rpm when I get on it, and proceede to blow by him like he threw an anchor out of the window. I figure that was enough to get my point acorss, but perhaps not. Traffic builds again and he gets next to me, rolls down the window and yells to me. It was hard to make out, but I thought it was "....I'll smoke you bro..." as he proceedes to take off and shoot through traffic, weaving in and out of single car gaps. Seeing how traffic doesn't really open up again during the morning rush hour, I hang back and drive normally. I am sure I pissed off enough people with my WOT romp already.

All of my buddies ask me about races and playing with other cars on the srteet, and I always tell them I rarely have equal cars try to mess with me. It always seems to be cars that know they have no chance, or at least should know. It seems all of the 370zs, Genesis coupes, Srt Challengers and the occasional 5th gen are the only cars that try to run me. Granted, I am a little detached form the scene and I don't go out to the race spots anymore, but I just don't see why I get harassed by slow cars.

BlackedSVT

Established Member
"and proceed to blow by him like he threw an anchor out of the window"

May I have your permission to use this?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
"and proceed to blow by him like he threw an anchor out of the window"

May I have your permission to use this?

Go for it.

Yeah, I like the 135s, but it takes a lot to have a low-mid 120s car, and it's pretty easy to get a GT500 there, and faster.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
There is a guy with a slammed 135 with a license plate that says something like "ULOSE" or "SMOKEU" or something like that. It has a real loud exhaust that sounds like complete ass.

Can these things be made fast enough to warrant having a license plate like that?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
There is a guy with a slammed 135 with a license plate that says something like "ULOSE" or "SMOKEU" or something like that. It has a real loud exhaust that sounds like complete ass.

Can these things be made fast enough to warrant having a license plate like that?

Not from what I have seen. Stock they are under 300whp and with upgraded turbos and race gas they are in the 4-450whp. I would imagine most modded ones are full exhaust and tune cars and sub 400whp.

The car that I played with this morning was quite when he was weaving through traffic in front of me, which leads me to believe it was tune only or stock. Probably a bad move trying to play with a GT500 if that is the case. Especially one that is as loud as mine and obviously not stock.

I will probably troll around on some bimmer forums but I doubt this guy would post up what happened, lol.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

"Fast" can be a different meaning to a lot of people. They can run mid-high 11's with a chip, bolt on's and meth on the stock engine and turbo's. But not everyone would want a BMW set up this way. Most run their car's with no meth or downpipes which should still be a mid to low 12 sec car.

I would race a GT500 pre 2011 and expect to keep up or beat IF it's stock but no way would I say I can smoke him.

Good kill O.P, some people are in denial that there's a faster car out there :beer:

Davey

Established Member
You don't need a fast car to race in heavy traffic, you just need balls of steel and no brains. That's how most of these jerks roll, you get a 140 HP Honda up against a guy who isn't racing, weave through traffic a lot and declare "victory."

Imatk

Established Member
Nice Nathan :)

I had a 370z get all Fast n' Furious on me too... he didn't have tags on the car so I figure he thought his new car was the fastest thing on the road... but, he was wrong :)

F8l Vnm

Established Member
You don't need a fast car to race in heavy traffic, you just need balls of steel and no brains. That's how most of these jerks roll, you get a 140 HP Honda up against a guy who isn't racing, weave through traffic a lot and declare "victory."

this is very true, usually those are the same guys that wont run you straight up.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I want to club a seal one day :( but a BMW I guess will do for now. Lol good kill

TJSwoboda

Established Member

What BlueSnake01 said, but also, to put it in perspective: When the 335 first came out, 335 6spd owners who bumped their boost by two psi were beating Terminators. That doesn't make a 135 a GT500 killer, but yes, I think the license plate is justified. :burnout:

650BlackVnm

Established Member

Very true! I've had a couple guys pull that one on me. Nice kill op

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill. To many people declare weaving through traffic a race. I had this problem a couple nights ago. I Took care of the problem :bored: :burnout:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
yeah the baby seal thing was lol . Did you say that because it maybe resembles a seal ?

It was more because baby seals are kind of cute and harmless. Clubbing one is only something a d*ck would do, and I imagine it wouldn't be very challenging.

..but know that you mention it, those cars are a little quirky looking.

Users who are viewing this thread